cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usergw7WGjhqSS
Constellation

Re: Big Problem: No Screen Protector For Galaxy Note 10 and Plus

And the worst part about it is when you damage the Pre installed protector and peel it of there's nothing decent on the market to replace it! Amazon has some very  screen protectors.  if you want to give up on your fingerprint scanner..and the are all simply AWFUL!!! Trust me...I've sent back all of them for a refund. Samsung needs to make something available IMMEDIATELY! This phone is way too expensive to have the screen crack! And the pre-installed one does not last. Get with it Samsung...PUT OUT AN OFFICIAL SCREEN PROTECTOR!

I chatted with Verizon tech support a couple of days ago. They told me to take the screen protector off because it was only meant for shipping. I also received a software update that said not place any kind of screen protector on. I have a good case on my phone and I'm very careful with it. I also don't carry it in the same pocket as my car keys. I have the best insurance I could get, so if something happens, I'll just get a new phone next day. Also, I had a LG V30 that I just upgraded to a Note10+ 5G. The LG only had an Otterbox case and no screen protector and Gorilla Glass 5 (we have 6 on the Note 10),and it looks brand new. Not one scratch. I wish I could put a screen protector on a phone that was so expensive, but I'm just going by what Samsung and Verizon said to do.

Comet

I would not take the stock screen protector off personally and haven't. It's the best screen protector for this device honestly. If yours is scratched, which happens, I understand if you take it to a UbreakIfix, they can replace it with a stock screen protector like the one that came stock.

userfeUopnoTUZ
Constellation

I just got my galaxy note 10 a few days ago and happy a protector cover came w it. One problem,  my cell has the shipping cover on it and then the Samsung protective cover over it. The protective cover sits noticeably to one side and is easily seen w the screen off. I cant peel one without peeling both. Any help is appreciated!

Samsung_lvVv042
Astronaut

I peel off the one the came preinstalled on my note 10 plus and install the whitestone dome glass and I work fine I have no problem with the fingerprint sensor

Comet

Actually there is an amazing glass screen protector that works fantastic with the fingerprint sensor if you do everything right.

On Amazon you can get a Whitestone Dome Glass screen protector for $50, or a 2-Pack for $70.

I think the single ones are on sale right now for like $35 too.

Expensive, but worth it in every way.

It is tempered glass, but rather than having the adhesive built in, you have to perform a more complicated install with a liquid tube that you pour on the screen.

Then place the glass dome on and curate with a UV lamp that comes with the kit.

You have to watch the installation video a few times and I would recommend also having it on another device while you perform the install.

Two tips the instructions do not tell you though:

1. Do not put your phone case on for a good hour after at least.

It works fine with most cases, but if you put it on too early it will cause wrinkling flaws along the edge.

I highly recommend the Speck Presidio Pro phone case by the way.

Best phone case I've ever had.

Works great with my Pop-Socket Wallet too.

2. There is two stages during the install where you curate with the UV lamp.

After the first curate, press down firmly in the sensor area for a good minute to work some of the liquid out of that area.

That liquid will also fill in any micro-scratches and make them invisible.

I couldn't love it more.

It does NOT have the ugly hole in the screen for the fingerprint sensor like the regular tempered glass, or any grid lines.

Looks beautiful, and is the most protective glass you will find.

There are no negatives to this protector whatsoever, other than a complicated install.

And it works like butter with the fingerprint reader.

Make sure your screen sensitivity is turned on and then register your prints again after installing.

It's best to register the same finger or thumb all four times.

Do not try to do two sets for your finger and two sets for your thumb.

I like using just my thumb, and having four sets of prints makes it work great.

When you register your prints, do it with the phone in your hand in the air casually just like you would be unlocking the phone.

And place your thumb or finger in and around the sensor area in as many different locations as possible.

I also would not worry so much about turning you finger or thumb on it's side when directed to at the end of each registration.

Just keep placing your finger or thumb how you would to unlock the phone, moving it in and around the sensor area as much as possible.

Rubbing just a little bit of lotion on before registering you prints is a good idea too.

And don't listen to anyone who tells you that you don't even need the factory film protector.

This is the new Gorilla Glass 6, which will get micro-scratches very easily.

They are always trying to make it easier to damage your screen for insurance and parts revenue.

But take the factory protector off when installing a new screen protector.

I'm just saying do not go completely naked with your screen, or you will get many micro-scratches.

The factory protector will get many micro-scratches too, but that is just the protector.

When you peel it off, the scratches will come off with it.

Highlighted
TheRabbi
Halo

XClear. 3-pack for less than $10 on Amazon. It's so good, I never bothered to install my expensive Whitestone.