cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eterjosfam1
Asteroid

Big Problem: No Screen Protector For Galaxy Note 10 and Plus

Big Problem:  No Screen Protector For Galaxy Note 10 and Plus

Response of SUPCASE/OtterBox support agent:  Unfortunately the cases do not come with screen protector due to the fact that the finger scanner is in the screen itself and won't work with a screen protector.  Sorry built-in case and non-built in screen protector won't work with Note 10 and Plus! 

Non-built in screen protector case could cause screen protector fell off of phone when phone got fell onto ground.  Non-built in screen protector won't guarantee a long last life and is poor qualify.  Any owner of Note 10 and plus should be worrying without screen protector!  

Finger scanner is built in Note 10 and Plus phone screen.  Finger scanner is built in back of Note 8 and 9 phone.  

So I do keep my old phone Note 9 and 8 with SUPCASE case screen protector built-in case instead of buying Note 10 and plus.  

12 REPLIES 12
Comet

How rough are you with your phone? There are screen prote...

How rough are you with your phone? There are screen protectors that work with the 10 and it comes with thr best OEM screen protector I've ever seen. As of now, I haven't even considered buying a new one.

Eterjosfam1
Asteroid

Re: How rough are you with your phone? There are screen prote...

Yeah in some case but OEM/Genuine screen protectors cannot be built in any phone case brand; so those of some brands may be most likely getting off of phone screen or being loosened from the phone screen whenever gets fell hit onto hard ground- deeply scratch, crack, fracture.  Also non-built in screen protector on edge touching may be poor quality.   

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Big Problem: No Screen Protector For Galaxy Note 10 and Plus

SUPCASE told you, huh..? Did they tell you that the Note10 and Note10+ actually come with their own factory installed screen protector out of the box? It's true, not all screen protectors will work properly, but there are good options available if you need one. Personally, I don't use a screen protector, it's been fine.

Geno

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Eterjosfam1
Asteroid

Geno,  Sounds like you are so younger, so you might be not knowing if some of Samsung designers were lousy following failures without screen protector  built-in.  I am a professional automotive mechanic for 25 years.  The evidence- when my Note 9 phone was hit onto hard ground, completely cracked screen without screen protector!  The insurance company under my account accepted exchanged it with a phone replacement.  So it is required a case to be with screen protector built-in.  With this case, it got hit hard ground many times no scratch, no crack no damage to it!   From this time of happen, screen protector has been built in case for my Note 9 is excellent even to a long last life!  I must thank to SUPCASE and OtterBox for a great defense!  In some case, without screen protector may result in screen scratched, normally worn out.  My 2014 Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) tablet with OtterBox screen protector built-in case is still normally functioning, never having any issue!  Six years old tablet with this screen protector built-in case!  

Samsung Care Ambassador

Ok, to seriously answer your question, that's correct, no case with a built in screen protector will work. Or rather, it will technically work, just not the fingerprint scanner.

With that said... "it got hit hard ground many times" is not a problem of "Samsung designers were lousy following failures without screen protector". I suspect they don't design the phone to handle rough conditions (It's two big glass plates basically), there are different models for that. Just my opinion.

Geno

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Samsung_bbBI85d
Astronaut

It sounds like you peeled the pre-installed one off when...

It sounds like you peeled the pre-installed one off when you pulled it out the box. I am still sporting mine and I can't really tell I have one on. But yeah I have heard that it's hard to get a good screen protector. Give it some time. Someone always finds a workaround.

Samsung_eqTG3eD
Astronaut

They have one already on them out of the box

They have one already on them out of the box

Highlighted
Samsung_lSjH5C5
Astronaut

Hopefully you did not removed the preinstalled screen pro...

Hopefully you did not removed the preinstalled screen protector for Note 10+. Otherwise there is none in the market that will work on Note 10+ touch screen, we can wait sometime for after market. Good luck to us!

Eterjosfam1
Asteroid

Re: Hopefully you did not removed the preinstalled screen pro...

I didn't buy Note 10+ yet only wanted to keep my old phone Note 9 and Note 8, because both 8 and 9 do have finger scanner on the back of phone.   I don't know if after the Note 10+ market should be working with screen protector built-in case for screen finger scanner/sensor.  Response of SUPCASE/OtterBox support agent: Unfortunately the cases do not come with screen protector built-in due to the fact that the finger scanner is in the screen itself and won't work with a screen protector.   So I may wait to see what is best or not after market.  Unless I better wait until next generation- Note 11 or newest one.