cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userpXmbIsLdQT
Constellation

Bixby Routines only works when phone is unlocked.

Hi, I set up Bixby Routines to launch apps at certain timing. But it only works when the phone is unlocked.

It used to work when I was using the Routines of Good Lock app on my S8+. However, when I switched to Note10+ and use Bixby Routines, the apps only launch when phone is unlocked.

Anyone has any idea on how to resolve this?

3 REPLIES 3
userZIFdffvQWq
Cosmic Ray

Re: Bixby Routines only works when phone is unlocked.

try to clear data and cache for bixby routines in the apps. i just tried on mine bixby routines when my phone was locked and it worked. 

userpXmbIsLdQT
Constellation

Thanks, it worked. However, my phone is set to auto restart at 3am. It needs to be unlocked first to complete loading the OS. Hence Bixby Routines doesn't work until someone manually unlocks the phone. Is there anyway to overcome this, other than stopping the auto restart?@userZIFdffvQWq 

Comet

I don't know if your want to consider trying using the Google Assistant Routines instead of Bixby.

I don't know if it will solve the issue of continuing to perform the routines before your morning login, but might be worth a shot.

I don't use routines, but definitely prefer the Google Assistant over Bixby for my assistant.