JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Blinking light next to front facing camera

(Topic created: 08-25-2019 06:49 PM)
NeoBlack39
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am wondering if anyone is noticing a blinking light dot on their screen.  Everytime I wake my screen on my Note 10 plus, a light flash dot appears.  Is that normal?  It flashes for a moment then goes away but appears everytime I wake up my phone.  Wondering if I should return it for a new one. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi @NeoBlack39 

Yes, perfectly normal. It's a proximity sensor hidden under the glass. There is a very easy way to make it appear: just make a call and watch the area, it will start flashing. This is how your phone knows if it's next to your face, or if it wakes up in a pocked, for example.

Geno

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

View solution in context

15 Replies
Solution
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi @NeoBlack39 

Yes, perfectly normal. It's a proximity sensor hidden under the glass. There is a very easy way to make it appear: just make a call and watch the area, it will start flashing. This is how your phone knows if it's next to your face, or if it wakes up in a pocked, for example.

Geno

NeoBlack39
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

oh okay, I made a call and it did flash when I did.  Thanks for your response. 

Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

You're welcome. The S10 series phones had the same sensor in the glass. Pretty cool IMO.

Vyneta
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi,

I understand that the blinking dot is proximity sensor. However, on my friend's Note 10, it keep blinking even when he doesn't make any call. While on other Note 10 its not like that. When he turn off the AOD, the blinking is stop. Is there any configuration that cause this?

Thank you.

DireLocutus
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I had the same issue, but when I turned off the accidental touch feature it went away.  Hope this helps.

userB7ticLQ9oJ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This solved the problem for me as well

Thank you

0 Likes
userDKCEs5G5pD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am facing the same issue on my note 10 plus but never on the s10 plus.

Despite you are saying it's a sensor. This sensor has been there on many previous devices and was never blinking. Why now?

uservXQobULfYB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

asked Samsung

this is what they say, somehow not satisfied with this answer

We are always looking to improve the services, this feature get enhances in the latest models.

userfZYQdEarPH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Having the same issue. It is certainly not normal. I get this annoying blinking at absolutely random times. Like during reading or watching something on the phone and this blinking and the proximity sensor is triggered and when anything gets near to it the display goes off which is not supposed to happen, the proximity sensor should be inactive when you're simply reading something. Also, that blinking is extremely ugly and it doesn't go away even when I switch between apps. It goes away after few seconds at times and after a few minutes at other times. 

I returned the phone and got a refund and purchased a second one and it has the exact same problem.  Nothing about this is normal. 

0 Likes