cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gowda
Constellation

Blocking unwanted messages

Hi

This may be a software or OS related issue. I recently upgraded from Note 5 to 10+. On my note 5 SMS option I had an option to block messages based on the content of the messages (some keywords) but I dont find that option on the note 10+ . Might not be a very important feature but helps out blocking a lot of spams

P S . My note 5 had blocked closely to 600 spams based on this feature

3 REPLIES 3
Red Giant

Re: Blocking unwanted messages

@Gowda wrote:

Hi

This may be a software or OS related issue. I recently upgraded from Note 5 to 10+. On my note 5 SMS option I had an option to block messages based on the content of the messages (some keywords) but I dont find that option on the note 10+ . Might not be a very important feature but helps out blocking a lot of spams

P S . My note 5 had blocked closely to 600 spams based on this feature

As far as I can find, Note10 has block # in the messages app.  Don't know if another messages app would have that feature.

Highlighted
Gowda
Constellation

These marketing messages do not have number. They are called bulk messages in India. Hence if a key word /sentence is blocked then any messages with that content is blocked

Gowda
Constellation

I'm not using any other SMS messaging app. It's the default SMS app on Samsung. This is my S7 snap