cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Supernova

Re: Blue edge light bottom of screen

@Halfhoof wrote:

Think i have turned on and off almost all game related settings edge lighting related setting with no luck. So i am all out of ideas at this point. 

Take a video of the issue, so we can see...

Highlighted
userMu7lR3kbpA
Constellation

I was playing Pubg mobile today and all of a sudden the blue light shows up. My fps drops and brightness goes down significantly even  though the brightness slider on the phone is the same. I try pressing the recent apps button and then press Pubg again. My fps and brightness goes back up for a bit until it pops up not 30 seconds later. I really want to fix this.

userOvVyOk0UOn
Constellation

I believe this has to do with the game booster settings.  Do you have the Game booster notification when playing games?  if you click on that go into the temperaure and memory settings and is auto control enabled or not? 

When I turn auto control off, and back on the light appears at the bottom telling me that it phone is to hot and it is turning down brightness and sound to cool phone down.  

Dgammon
Constellation

Happening to me also. It's similar to edge lighting but only happens for a second or 2. Mine has done it while not playing a game as well though. Also on a Note 10+

userLLWR9NgTyV
Constellation

I did a little exploring and found in the Game Booster options there is a reference to it controlling the volume and brightness to manage temperature (which tells me the temperature is High if I turn the feature off). This seems to coincide with when the blue light appears.

I think in my case it's happening because I have a case with a magnet in it (for a car mount), which can get warm as it retains heat. YMMV. Either way, that seems to be the cause of the blue light. You can turn it off, but I wouldn't recommend it. 

usernnkem2WDo8
Constellation

I also have bin getting it and its more then just in game i have seen it when typing it is like the edge light but it starts from the home buttion and goes both ways to the edges and back on its only there my edge light is purple yello ornge i dont have blue on it and it still shows up so its not tied to a notification and only my texts and messenger use my edge light or it would look like a disco all night from app notifications 🤣😂 but i was concerned about that also like are we being spyed on when it turns blue? Is it a put me down take a brake you have bin staring at me for a hour now?

Could it have somthing to do with a Bio lock it seeing your face keeping it from locking? I would love to know

userZwOJOii1wK
Constellation

Don't worry, I am here because the same thing happened to me when I played on my S10+ now for some reason, and I just updated the software.

I think it is a new feature when you play games...

Deezun
Constellation

I Have Been Getting This Too. I Notice That When This Happens, The Blue Light Shifts Kinda Like An Amazon Echo. Then The Volume Drops A Bit. I Was Hoping That This Was Not For A Nosy, Privacy Invading Microphone. I'm On An S8+ And Will Be So Upset If This Is A Bug Or Pre Programed Marketing Tool For Google Or Samsung.

@Halfhoof wrote:

I have a note 10+ and i've noticed when i play some games the phone starts having a blue led light animated from sides to middle and back again at the bottom of the screen. I have not been able to tie it to any events happening or anything.  It just happens at random whenever i am playing games. 

Anyone know what this is tied to? 

userwgdufiX7mW
Astronaut

@Halfhoof      Same with me man on note 10 ,n note 9 and S9+ device .Found any Soln ye

uservZAP4Mq0Ar
Constellation

Have you got your device charging when this happans?

@Halfhoof wrote:

I have a note 10+ and i've noticed when i play some games the phone starts having a blue led light animated from sides to middle and back again at the bottom of the screen. I have not been able to tie it to any events happening or anything.  It just happens at random whenever i am playing games. 

Anyone know what this is tied to?