cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Halfhoof
Asteroid

Blue edge light bottom of screen

I have a note 10+ and i've noticed when i play some games the phone starts having a blue led light animated from sides to middle and back again at the bottom of the screen. I have not been able to tie it to any events happening or anything.  It just happens at random whenever i am playing games. 

Anyone know what this is tied to? 

16 REPLIES 16
Honored Contributor

Re: Blue edge light bottom of screen

@Halfhoof wrote:

I have a note 10+ and i've noticed when i play some games the phone starts having a blue led light animated from sides to middle and back again at the bottom of the screen. I have not been able to tie it to any events happening or anything.  It just happens at random whenever i am playing games. 

Anyone know what this is tied to? 

Could it be EDGE Lighing?  Go to settings>search edge, then tap on edge lighting.  Maybe it is on and you are getting notifications that are allowed to use that feature?  On that page you can change settings and see which apps are using it

Halfhoof
Asteroid

Thanks for the reply @Charkatak , and yes i have tried turning off edgelighting completely, turned of bluetooth as well just to be sure it wasnt tied to some smart watch sync. Played a game just now and it still does it.

Honored Contributor

@Halfhoof wrote:

Thanks for the reply @Charkatak , and yes i have tried turning off edgelighting completely, turned of bluetooth as well just to be sure it wasnt tied to some smart watch sync. Played a game just now and it still does it.

Try turning it off, then back on

Also when this light comes one, does your phone make any noise as if something is happening? Any notifications?  There is a gaming app on Samsung phones, which I always disable, but it it make that light emit?

Halfhoof
Asteroid

Turned on and off multiple times, game launcher samsung app is always off. No sound or notification other than the led light. Very strange, and cant find any settings pointing to it.

Honored Contributor

@Halfhoof wrote:

Turned on and off multiple times, game launcher samsung app is always off. No sound or notification other than the led light. Very strange, and cant find any settings pointing to it.

Possibly for you to take a picture with another device or screenshot is phone allows that?

Also do you remember installing and some "notifications" apps?  Try to remember when all this started and you could possibly pin point the issue.  As I don't play games on my phone...what if you don't play for a day or two, you still have that light?

Halfhoof
Asteroid

I'll try to get a picture of it but it wont show much else than a blue light on the bottom of the screen Smiley Tongue No notification apps of any kind has been installed. Not been playing much today but as soon as i opened a game this evening it was back. 

TheDarkness264
Constellation

I've noticed it too. Is it maybe a built in gaming optimization? If there's no notifications, maybe it's a hidden program that's running in the background or game data loading. I'm going to keep an eye out for it more often to see if I can figure it out.

Halfhoof
Asteroid

Think i have turned on and off almost all game related settings edge lighting related setting with no luck. So i am all out of ideas at this point. 

Honored Contributor

@Halfhoof wrote:

Think i have turned on and off almost all game related settings edge lighting related setting with no luck. So i am all out of ideas at this point. 

Take a video of the issue, so we can see...