cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userJvIMv5tD5T
Asteroid

Bluetooth Audio Quality

Occasionally when using Bluetooth headphones, sound will become distorted as if compressed. It is particularly prominent during music. I've tried three headsets, and they all present the same problem. Toggling Bluetooth off and on temporarily fixes the issue, but it is still extremely annoying.

Troubleshooting so far performed:

Turning off Battery optimization for Bluetooth, Spotify, Play Music, etc.

Observed if the issue occurs with wired sets (no issue)

Re-pairing headsets

Resetting phone and headsets

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Neutron Star

Re: Bluetooth Audio Quality

@userJvIMv5tD5T wrote:

Occasionally when using Bluetooth headphones, sound will become distorted as if compressed. It is particularly prominent during music. I've tried three headsets, and they all present the same problem. Toggling Bluetooth off and on temporarily fixes the issue, but it is still extremely annoying.

Re-pairing headsets

Do you have WiFi on?

Is this 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz wifi?

userJvIMv5tD5T
Asteroid

Yes. 5GHz. It's campus WiFi, so my phone switches between routers as I walk around campus. Could that be causing the issue?

@Charkatak wrote:

@userJvIMv5tD5T wrote:

Re-pairing headsets

Do you have WiFi on?

Neutron Star

@userJvIMv5tD5T wrote:

Yes. 5GHz. It's campus WiFi, so my phone switches between routers as I walk around campus. Could that be causing the issue?

@Charkatak wrote:

@userJvIMv5tD5T wrote:

Re-pairing headsets

Do you have WiFi on?

I have seen issues where 2.4Ghz would cause some interference, but 5Ghz shouldn't.  Just for testing purposes, try disconnecting wifi for 30 or so min and see if it comes back. To me, your issues sounds like Bluetooth not having enough bandwidth...does this issue happen when you are at home too?

userJvIMv5tD5T
Asteroid

I did not notice the issue until I was on campus. It would make sense then if it was related to wi-fi. However, the issue is subtle enough that I may have simply not noticed it until now. The wi-fi on campus may also have 2.4GHz, and the issue seems to crop up most frequently as I walk around, so it seems the wifi has a high probability of causing the issue, specifically shifting between networks. I'll see if turning off wifi while walking around solves the issue.

@Charkatak wrote:

@userJvIMv5tD5T wrote:

@Charkatak wrote:

@userJvIMv5tD5T wrote:

Re-pairing headsets

Do you have WiFi on?

I have seen issues where 2.4Ghz would cause some interference, but 5Ghz shouldn't.  Just for testing purposes, try disconnecting wifi for 30 or so min and see if it comes back. To me, your issues sounds like Bluetooth not having enough bandwidth...does this issue happen when you are at home too?