cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Bluetooth reading messages

So idk if this is a Note 10+ thing or if I changed a setting but when my phone is connected to my car and I get a message, it lowers my music and reads it out loud. It's really annoying and I can't figure out how to stop it. Anyone know what to do?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Bluetooth reading messages

@CTAN1320 wrote:

So idk if this is a Note 10+ thing or if I changed a setting but when my phone is connected to my car and I get a message, it lowers my music and reads it out loud. It's really annoying and I can't figure out how to stop it. Anyone know what to do?

Try this:

Go to phone app, tap 3 dots on top right.  Then go to settings.  In there go to anwering and ending calls.  See if turning off "read caller names aloud" would do the trick.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

This sounds like it might be an Android Auto setting, similar to speech to text but in the reverse. Can you go to Settings > Accessibilities >Screen Reader > Settings > Verbosity > Screen-Off Notifications and tell if this is disabled? The steps provided by Charkatak would also be a good thing to try. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Ok I figured it out. I set up a Bixby Routine and one of the options I added was to read messages out loud 😑. Once I deleted that feature it stopped.

Highlighted
Constellation

@CTAN1320 wrote:

Ok I figured it out. I set up a Bixby Routine and one of the options I added was to read messages out loud 😑. Once I deleted that feature it stopped.

I tried every suggestion I came across and was a minute away from driving over my phone. Luckily, I saw this thread and your solution, my messages are once again silent. Thank you so much 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yep!!  Although this routine has been set up for almost a month now and just started doing that yesterday... I deleted all of the bixby routines and it stopped doing it! Ty!!!!

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi there. I have note 10 and have the same proble . Did everything you suggested but still nit working 

Highlighted
Constellation

Same problem . Once the samsung s10+ is connected with the car by bluetooth and I receive a message , it speaks out loud saying the name of the app , the sender and the message ... I can't stop it ! Help

Highlighted
Asteroid

Mine started doing this yesterday and now it's doing it even when I'm not driving and it's driving me insane

Highlighted
Constellation

Screenshot_20200606-072116_Finder.jpg

Screenshot_20200606-072141_Finder.jpg

Screenshot_20200606-072156_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20200606-072205_Bixby Routines.jpg

Screenshot_20200606-072212_Bixby Routines.jpg

Screenshot_20200606-072222_Bixby Routines.jpg

Screenshot_20200606-072229_Bixby Routines.jpg

Screenshot_20200606-072250_Bixby Routines.jpg