cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Bring back the headphone jack.

@Geno71

Wow, you're not very good at this are you?

Wireless charging is at 25W. Powered 3.5mm with UsB-C charging aren't either, not to mention that audio quality is limited to 192kbps with those devices.

Why are you qualified to be speaking to me?

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@Samsung_kHis1vC 

I'm qualified because this is a public forum. If you only want opinions of people that agree with you, you might need to look for them somewhere else. And I'm not a Samsung representative, so report away. If someone using counter arguments to your own considered harassment now, I'm not sure we're ready for any kind of civil conversation. 

Plus you're the one acting inappropriate from the get go. Referring to people as "basic", or using lines like "you're not very good at this, are you?".

What was so harassing of me suggesting there are still ways to do what you want your phone to do? Is it just because I don't sugar coat things? Do you need a reality check? Headphone jack is not coming back. We're just trying to help people deal with this fact. So calling me names and sending me threatening private messages is uncalled-for.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Astronaut

I didn't realize it was missing till I already bought it and had everything switched...I cannot have wireless headphones or I'll lose them. I also cant stand when I see somebody attempt to talk to another not realizing they have them in. Get with the times? Cool, being with the times is providing accessibility for the mass of ones market and since I pay for everything I own, I'm right where I need to be. I've stuck with the Note line since I first got one many years ago and if my 9 didn't recently get a crack in the screen (something connected headphones could have saved and have countless times), I'd use my 10 as a backup over the missing jack, iris scanner and rear fingerprint sensor (mine never picks up AND it's just not doable without looking where to put it). Please bring it back!

Astronaut

It's time to grow up, are you still using Myspace? Get some Galaxy Buds and enjoy

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Yeah, I bet your Galaxy Buds sound just as good as my 3.5mm in ear monitors that retail for $600. I bet the battery lasts as long too, oh wait, mine don't need a battery. 

I do enjoy all of the basic people here giving their unsolicited opinions (mansplaining) and telling others they need to get with the times. Just because you don't have standards or power user requirements doesn't mean we don't. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@Samsung_kHis1vC 

If you can afford the $600 monitors, I'm sure you can afford a $15 USB-C to 3.5 adapter. And I know you will go to "but I can't charge my phone at the same time" next, so take a look at wireless chargers, they go for as low as $10. All problems solved, just like that.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Did a Samsung representative just mansplain wireless charging to me?

Here's a question for you oh brilliant unpaid Samsung Care Ambassador, which of your wireless chargers charge at 25W?

I'll wait. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

The way I see it... if I may dare to "mansplain", is if you're using your phone for hours at the time, say at your desk listening to music, why do you need 25W of charging? You just want a steady flow to keep your phone charged, any basic wireless charger will work for that. 25W or even 45W are for rapid, quick charging. A 45W charger can get your phone from 0 to 60 in less than 30 minutes, to full charge in less than an hour. I actually turn off wireless fast charging in my phone because I use a wireless charger a lot, and turning it down a bit means less heat and better battery health.

(BTW, I only use Samsung wireless chargers, but Qi technology is universal, so any of them will work)

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I fly 150,000 miles a year. I'm rarely at a desk. Where do I plug this wireless charger in? 

I own the 45W charger and it still takes 50 minutes to charge. 

Perhaps if you asked questions instead of making assumptions I wouldn't accuse you of mansplaining.

Highlighted
Astronaut

One UI 2.0 is literally the same features of iphones