cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Bring back the headphone jack.

Samsung please don't become another Apple. We love you for giving your customers everything in one pack. I was looking so forward to switch my S10+ with brand new Note 10 but when I saw that headphone jack was removed it broke my heart and I bet it did the same for many loyal Samsung customers. Please do not remove the headphone jack.

34 REPLIES 34
Highlighted
Constellation

Too late jack. I coudnt listen to music and charge my pho...

Too late jack. I coudnt listen to music and charge my phone at the same time.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Too late jack. I coudnt listen to music and charge my pho...

Wow, that's really bad.  You can only do one function at a time? Either charge the phone or listen to music. That's why I didn't upgrade from the Note 9. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Too late jack. I coudnt listen to music and charge my pho...

This is an absolute terrible design flaw...I'll need to switch between listening to music and stopping to  charge now on flights....

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Bring back the headphone jack.

I agree, that's why I didn't upgrade from Note 9. Once I heard the earphone jack was gone, I left the store. There are times when my bluBlueto wireless earphones are not charged, but I have my wired earphones to use.  So sad that Samsung removed something everyone used.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I don't get it: as awesome as noise-canceling Bluetooth headsets are these days, I don't know what the attraction is to wires. I have owned Bose QC35s and now sport the (better and lower cost) Sony WH-1000s - the soundstage is amazing and the noise cancelation is almost eerie. I guess we all have our little loves about various phones... but with the new acoustics of BT headsets, I don't understand the insistence on wired earbuds or headphones. I encourage you to get a really good BT stereo headset and compare them to whatever wired set you use. I think you'll be impressed. My 2¢

Highlighted
Constellation

I have quality BT headphones and use them 70% of the time.  There are still times when I want to use the headphone jack.  Some examples are when listening to music into my wife’s car, when my BT headphones need to be charged, my car that does not even have BT, playing music through home receiver.  My wife has an Iphone and I can’t count how many dongles we have broken or lost.  My work provides our choice of phone to us every 2 years, I was looking forward to getting a Note 10+ and now I am sticking with the s8 until I find a phone that fits my needs better.

Highlighted
Astronaut

@The_Chief wrote:

I don't get it: as awesome as noise-canceling Bluetooth headsets are these days, I don't know what the attraction is to wires. I have owned Bose QC35s and now sport the (better and lower cost) Sony WH-1000s - the soundstage is amazing and the noise cancelation is almost eerie. I guess we all have our little loves about various phones... but with the new acoustics of BT headsets, I don't understand the insistence on wired earbuds or headphones. I encourage you to get a really good BT stereo headset and compare them to whatever wired set you use. I think you'll be impressed. My 2¢

I have multiple Bluetooth headset. I even have the earstudio Bluetooth device for my wired earphones. The issue here is not a matter of being attach to wires, it is a convenience and redundancy. I have days which i have left home without my wireless headset. I also have days which I forgot to charge them. I have also experience having the device breakdown on my during my travel. During any of those times i could easily grab a free wired earphone from the plane or anything sold pretty much anywhere plug in and use.

Highlighted
Constellation

Because Bluetooth audio is lower quality than a wired connection. Just the same as wifi will never be as fast as a wired connection to the internet. That's really the bottom line

I want to be able to use my amazing $700 wired headphones instead of letting them sit in a box, laying there uselessly.

Plus there's no reason to pull out the jack. They can fit it in. Samsung was so good at bucking Apple's trends and was fantastic at standing their ground and now it feels like they're caving.

If the next one doesn't have a headphone jack, I'm out. As much as I love Samsung, the slow response in screen fingerprint reader (as opposed to on the back or side) and the removal of the headphone jack has just put the final nail in the coffin. 

Timte to try a different brand

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

@user2rOwwdy5hJ 

All these lovers of bluetooth headphones clearly haven't ever listened to a $500+ pair of wired headphones. It's the equivalent of someone telling you that you're dumb for refusing to give up your Ferrari F8 Tributo because they really like their Toyota Camry SE and it works great for them so it should be good enough for you.