cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_MayankL
Astronaut

Bring back the headphone jack.

Samsung please don't become another Apple. We love you for giving your customers everything in one pack. I was looking so forward to switch my S10+ with brand new Note 10 but when I saw that headphone jack was removed it broke my heart and I bet it did the same for many loyal Samsung customers. Please do not remove the headphone jack.

8 REPLIES 8
userecd5I9em6G
Constellation

Too late jack. I coudnt listen to music and charge my pho...

Too late jack. I coudnt listen to music and charge my phone at the same time.

userBAgGdHk4Wo
Constellation

Re: Too late jack. I coudnt listen to music and charge my pho...

Wow, that's really bad.  You can only do one function at a time? Either charge the phone or listen to music. That's why I didn't upgrade from the Note 9. 

userBAgGdHk4Wo
Constellation

Re: Bring back the headphone jack.

I agree, that's why I didn't upgrade from Note 9. Once I heard the earphone jack was gone, I left the store. There are times when my bluBlueto wireless earphones are not charged, but I have my wired earphones to use.  So sad that Samsung removed something everyone used.

The_Chief
Cosmic Ray

I don't get it: as awesome as noise-canceling Bluetooth headsets are these days, I don't know what the attraction is to wires. I have owned Bose QC35s and now sport the (better and lower cost) Sony WH-1000s - the soundstage is amazing and the noise cancelation is almost eerie. I guess we all have our little loves about various phones... but with the new acoustics of BT headsets, I don't understand the insistence on wired earbuds or headphones. I encourage you to get a really good BT stereo headset and compare them to whatever wired set you use. I think you'll be impressed. My 2¢

userQoVhCu9HEg
Constellation

I have quality BT headphones and use them 70% of the time.  There are still times when I want to use the headphone jack.  Some examples are when listening to music into my wife’s car, when my BT headphones need to be charged, my car that does not even have BT, playing music through home receiver.  My wife has an Iphone and I can’t count how many dongles we have broken or lost.  My work provides our choice of phone to us every 2 years, I was looking forward to getting a Note 10+ and now I am sticking with the s8 until I find a phone that fits my needs better.

wwejason
Cosmic Ray

The 3.5mm jack should have stayed. To pretend like it's not ubiquitous worldwide is just ridiculous. I can stop in most gas stations and grab cheap earbuds with a 3.5mm connector. Can't say that for USB C or Bluetooth. Yes, there are wired USB C earbuds in the box. At minimum, the dongle should have at least been in the box. $15 for a dongle is a slap in the face.

usertnAF15tmsb
Constellation

I sat down to order the Note 10 plus only to be disappointed when i read that it didnt have a headphone jack. I just use the 3.5 mm  jack too much to buy an 1100 dollar phone without it. Sometimes I use it when my bluetooth is charging, when I'm in someones car, when I just want to plug in a speaker on the deck, or in the shop. I have a couple bluetooth buds, bluetooth receiver, bluetooth portable speakers, but still prefer the 3.5 most of the time for ease of use. I'll keep mu S9÷ for now and hope Samsung brings back the 3.5 with next years Note.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Everyone is getting rid of the headphone jack, not just Apple and Samsung. It feels like the end of an era. I'm not sure there's much we can do.