cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userdqBFrTrier
Astronaut

Bring it back removable sd card slot. Bring back back 2.5mm headphone Jack's please Samsung

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Bring it back removable sd card slot. Bring back back 2.5mm headphone Jack's please Samsung

Hi @userdqBFrTrier, I hope you are doing well.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the devices are already produced and are final. This means that there is no time for the SD Card or 3.5mm headphone jack to be added back to the Note 10. As for the Note 10+, the device does have an expandable memory card slot.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Samsung_uu6DY1P
Astronaut

Note 10+ has removable SD card holder and both will have...

Note 10+ has removable SD card holder and both will have an adapter for USB C to 3.5 phone jack

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Note 10+ has removable SD card holder and both will have...

Unfortunately neither of the Note 10's have the adapter to use a 3.5mm headphone jack in the box. It will need to be purchased separately. 

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Samsung_uu6DY1P
Astronaut

2.5 not 3.5 fat finger

2.5 not 3.5 fat finger

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Bring it back removable sd card slot. Bring back back 2.5mm headphone Jack's please Samsung

Yeah as @Rydah said, it's a little bit too late for this one to bring anything back. As from what we've seen in the past, manufacturers are not really into bringing things back, although there have been instances of that in the past. Note10 comes with 256GB. Just a couple of years ago that would be a top of the line model with $200-300 premium, but not it's standard, even on the entry model. And the Note10+ has the memory card slot.

For the headphone jack, a lot of people seem to be in shock (for some weird reason) right now. I mean it was pretty much no way to avoid, and it's something that even the most die hard brands like Samsung and LG have to go through eventually. The tech world really said it's time to end it, and they're going for it. There is no adapter in the box, but I picked a good one made by Google at BestBuy for $9. It works fine and actually sounds better. I was annoyed by the removal of the port at first too, but the more I use the phone, Bluetooth or the USB-C adapter, the more I realize it's not actually a big deal after all.

Geno

"If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. Thanks"
Alodar101
Cosmic Ray

Once its gone, its gone.  It won't come back, unless you can convince Samsung to remove something else..Think what was removed from the Google Pixel 3xl to make the Pixel 3a.

This is just fodder, similar to the Who Shot JR episodes from years ago.  With the USB C jacks in box, and the availablity of dongles. why the worry.....

Tim_G
Asteroid

Because it would be nice to listen to music and charge my phone simultaneously while working at my desk all day in an office that prohibits Bluetooth devices...

But I agree, it seems dedicated 2.5mm jacks are on the outs with most manufacturers. I ordered a dongle that has both usb-c in for power and a 2.5mm jack. That’s the way of the future.