cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userN6jEvKXTMo
Constellation

My week old galaxy note 10 plus is already showing issues with burn in, specifically where the notification bar is. I have adaptive brightness enabled and I am cautious of leaving pictures on my screen for too long so really disappointed that this is happening. Was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userBFqARgNe6T
Constellation

Re: Burn in

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same exact issue! I noticed burn in on the notification bar one full day after activating my Note 10+.  It was very hard to notice if I was in a bright lit room, however, it was easy to see if I was watching videos in fullscreen mode in the dark. I play a few games that arent optomized to use the full screen yet, so I'm wondering if that was the issue.

I made an appointment at the Samsung Experience Store; they seemed really concerned over it. They ended up giving me a brand new phone. Take it to a store and exchange it. After the Note 7 and Fold fiasco, they will take good care of you. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
userDfTGbKYKSv
Astronaut

Do you use apps like reddit or imgur? I had this issue on...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you use apps like reddit or imgur? I had this issue on a previous device because those apps occasionally keep the display awake. I've had my note 10+ for a week now and have been in it constantly, so far so good.

userN6jEvKXTMo
Constellation

I occasionally use the reddit app but definitely not on i...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I occasionally use the reddit app but definitely not on it long enough where this should be occurring.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After using my N10+ for nearly a month I can vouch for the absence of burn in. I occasionally play games with static UI elements, such as PUBG, Overhit, etc. Most apps have a persistent status bar, but none of the icons nor keyboard have made an imprint. 

As for your problem, I would definitely encourage you to contact Samsung (1800 SAMSUNG), stop at a store, or Ubreakifix (US). 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.

I wish the game would hide the bar on top with all the no...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wish the game would hide the bar on top with all the notification icons and time and stuff. No one really wants to see that while playing a game. It should hide by default to show a full screen on certain games that don't do that. Idk why they won't update to hide it.

userBFqARgNe6T
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same exact issue! I noticed burn in on the notification bar one full day after activating my Note 10+.  It was very hard to notice if I was in a bright lit room, however, it was easy to see if I was watching videos in fullscreen mode in the dark. I play a few games that arent optomized to use the full screen yet, so I'm wondering if that was the issue.

I made an appointment at the Samsung Experience Store; they seemed really concerned over it. They ended up giving me a brand new phone. Take it to a store and exchange it. After the Note 7 and Fold fiasco, they will take good care of you. 

View solution in original post

userdXx74g7wEK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello ive got a similar problem.

In which city did you visit a store?

Best regards