cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call and Message Continuity

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, long time Samsung user and I just got my Note 10+ on Thursday evening. I also have a Tab S5e and needless to say I was hoping to use Call and Message Continuity between the two devices, but it doesn't appear that the Note 10+ supports that setting. I've looked in Settings - > Connections like you do on the S10 products but it's not there. Did Samsung really just release a new flagship phone without one of their more recent features added to it? Especially one that is the primary reason that I bought a Tab S5e?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Is now on Accessibility ---> Advanced

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah yes, sadly that will be the challenge. I know Verizon has their "Verizon Messages" service that provides continuity between devices - a little hard on the eyes in my opinion. I'm not familiar with AT&T, so you could be very right in them not having a comparable service; which is unfortuate. 

Unless you REALLY need some of the AT&T branded services, I'd recommend returning the phone and buying unlocked. But that might present it's own set of unknowns for you. At one time all my phones were Verizon branded, but between Verizon locking down the Samsung Cloud and not giving access to Samsung's continuity services, I sold off my Verizon S10+ and bought the unlocked model. Now I have my unlocked Note10+. So until Verizon decides to allow use of Samsung's continuity service, I'll be using unlocked models going forward.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Call and Message Continuity

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Smokin_Circuits 

The call and message continuity feature is still there. It just has been moved to advanced features under a new name called "text & call on other devices" 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SJohnson 

Clearly I am missing it then, looking in Settings - > Advanced Features I do not see it. I have attached a screenshot for reference. Thoughts? Screenshot_20190826-054441_Settings.jpg

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Smokin_Circuits 

Hi there. Is your phone unlocked? Or is it branded with a carrier, and if so, what carrier?

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
DhiCan1
Cosmic Ray

Is now on Accessibility ---> Advanced

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is now on Accessibility ---> Advanced

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Interesting. Mine is still under Advanced in my settings main menu.

This is a carrier dependent feature. So if you use a Verizon or AT&T branded phone, you will not have access to this feature. That's a carrier issue, not a Samsung issue. Verizon and AT&T want you to use their services, not Samsung's. 

@Smokin_Circuits 

That said, if you can let me know know what provider you use and if the phone is unlocked or branded, that would help us get to the bottom of this. 

I have an unlocked Note10+ and I'm on Verizon's network. Because the phone is unlocked, I do have access to this feature. So Samsung did not omit this feature.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ChazzyJ, I have an AT&T branded Note 10+ so that may be the issue. To my knowledge AT&T does not have an option that does both call and message continuity so it is very rude of them to strip that feature from a device that would otherwise have it. Thanks for bringing this to light and I suppose you have identified my next battle Smiley Happy

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah yes, sadly that will be the challenge. I know Verizon has their "Verizon Messages" service that provides continuity between devices - a little hard on the eyes in my opinion. I'm not familiar with AT&T, so you could be very right in them not having a comparable service; which is unfortuate. 

Unless you REALLY need some of the AT&T branded services, I'd recommend returning the phone and buying unlocked. But that might present it's own set of unknowns for you. At one time all my phones were Verizon branded, but between Verizon locking down the Samsung Cloud and not giving access to Samsung's continuity services, I sold off my Verizon S10+ and bought the unlocked model. Now I have my unlocked Note10+. So until Verizon decides to allow use of Samsung's continuity service, I'll be using unlocked models going forward.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador