cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usermGVvJ72G9C
Asteroid

Call volume horrible

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Help please! I'm going to return this if there isn't a real fix for this. I cannot hear callers on Note 10 unless it is on speaker. Even then it is like a normal phones regular call volume. I have all the way to max, I have over 60 turned on. Very very disappointed in this. I have sprint. I will return this phone in a few days if can't be resolved.  My old phone was note 3.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Call volume horrible

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usermGVvJ72G9C wrote:

Okay, thank you. I did that and shut it off, and turned it back on. I think it is a bit better. I will have to go outside and see if I can still hear like a normal phone. And yes, you are correct, it is brand new out of the box. Hasn't been outside yet, waiting for my case! Thank you very much.

@usermGVvJ72G9C 

1) As another person commented try to search for hearing aid settings and play with it on/off.  Go to settings>tap on magnifying glass> and type Hearing aid.. - make call and see

2) See if you have VoLTE settings in your phone app's settings or in connection settings. - make call with it on and off

3) Also if nothing helps, don't go through this, just return the device.  It isn't worth it.

FYI- On my Note10(T-Mobile) I don't even have to use max volume and in many cases have to decrease the volume as it is loud.  

There were couple of thread about the low volume back in September, but don't know what happened and if the issue got resolved or not.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Samsung_47g2vjJ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try turning your phone off for 1 min then turning it back on

usermGVvJ72G9C
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried that still not loud enough. Am I just going dead? Is everyone else's note 10 louder? I even did the customized sound profile. Very disappointed!

Cool_Cla-22
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's tough. Go to where you every got your phone and report it. PERIOD

Samsung_I4HBqLK
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem. Any idea how to fix it.

usermGVvJ72G9C
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So far I tried putting in safe mode. But I am not sure if that is any better. But if it is, now I have to figure out how to find out what app is causing it. It doesn't seem that much louder to me.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usermGVvJ72G9C wrote:

So far I tried putting in safe mode. But I am not sure if that is any better. But if it is, now I have to figure out how to find out what app is causing it. It doesn't seem that much louder to me.

@usermGVvJ72G9C 

Have you tried to clear data of phone app?

Tap and hold phone app shortcut on your home screen. Then when context menu appears, tap on App info. Then go to storage and clear data

- Your phone has other phone app services which you can try to clear data...try the above first and see if it will help if not will do the others too

usermGVvJ72G9C
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Clear data or cache? If I clear data what do I lose? I am nervous about doing some stuff.😁

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usermGVvJ72G9C wrote:

Clear data or cache? If I clear data what do I lose? I am nervous about doing some stuff.😁

@usermGVvJ72G9C You don't lose anything.  The phone app will reset that is it.

usermGVvJ72G9C
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay, thank you. I did that and shut it off, and turned it back on. I think it is a bit better. I will have to go outside and see if I can still hear like a normal phone. And yes, you are correct, it is brand new out of the box. Hasn't been outside yet, waiting for my case! Thank you very much.