Original topic:

Caller hears echo

(Topic created: 07-14-2020 03:00 PM)
rajbahl
Asteroid
Options
Note10

Hi! 

I'm in pretty deperate need of help as it's tough to make calls with my Note 10+. When I call someone they can hear themselves talk - when using both the native phone app and things like WhatsApp.

From my end it sounds completely normal, but they can hear their own echo. It happens on both landlines and mobile. When I use bluetooth or keep my phone on mute during the call, the problem goes away for the other person. It makes me think that it's something with the mic itself - as if there is a feedback loop. I haven't dropped it and there's no damage. 

I have restarted my phone, turned on & off wifi calling/bluetooth.

Anyone have any insight or willing to help? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
rajbahl
Asteroid
Options
Note10

Just in case anyone else has this issue, I ended up taking it to a uBreakiFix (the authorized Samsung repair in my area) and it was the mic next to the charger that was issue. They had to replace the charger (I guess it's attached to the mic) and that was the fix. After they fixed it, it was all good. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Options
Note10
Try turning down the volume in the call. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
rajbahl
Asteroid
Options
Note10

@Whatdoyouknow04 wrote:
Try turning down the volume in the call. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggestion, but no luck with that. 

0 Likes
JamakeComedy
Galaxy
Options
Note10
Sorry you are having that issue. Have you tried factory resetting phone? If factory reset phone and still having issue you should contact Samsung Support. Good luck!
0 Likes
Solution
rajbahl
Asteroid
Options
Note10

Just in case anyone else has this issue, I ended up taking it to a uBreakiFix (the authorized Samsung repair in my area) and it was the mic next to the charger that was issue. They had to replace the charger (I guess it's attached to the mic) and that was the fix. After they fixed it, it was all good. 

0 Likes