cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Camera focus - flash not working

Hello,

I have a problem with my Note 10+ camera. But it's not only problem with Note 10+, I've found some people with the same problem happening on S10 (also here on Samsung Community but nobody responded him). But it doesn't happen on my old S8.

The problem is flash won't turn on while focusing. When I have flash set on 'auto' or 'on' and tap to focus, flash won't turn on. This is really annoying because you cannot focus in dark room.

When I then click the shutter button, flash works. Strange.

I have tried 3rd party camera apps from Play Store and there was the same problem. Flash on -> focus -> flash not working. Capture -> flash works.

It started a few months ago still on Android 9. I thought Android 10 would fix it, but it's still the same.

I have tried to clear camera app data, but since it looks like it's system-wide problem, it didn't help.

Here is logcat right after pressing to focus, if it helps: pastebin 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Camera focus - flash not working

My note 10 plus from t-mobile doesnt have this issue. My assumption based on your reference to Android 10 is that you are on the unlocked version. Have you reached out to the beta devs to see if they have any advice?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thank you for your reply. Do you think I should contact beta devs even while it has started on Android 9?
Also here is one user having that problem on S10 and here is the same problem with Note 10.

Highlighted
Asteroid

No ideas? I tried it in safe mode and it behaves the same way there.