cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Can Samsung provide non-curved screen phone options?

I actually ended up in this forum because I was looking for a "submit suggestions" to Samsung link (which there isn't one that I could find) so hopefully enough people have submitted comments in some way to possibly get through to Samsung. My husband and I have been Samsung smartphone owners since the beginning and upgrade often. I was hesitant to upgrade to the curved screen and actually kept the last flatscreen Note as long as possible (pretty much 2 years) because I thought it was a horrible idea. And proven right, we hate it. I've been waiting and hoping for Samsung to bring back a flatscreen option, meanwhile we have gone through multiple horrible "screen protectors" which companies can't seem to get right for curved screens. My husband was between screen protector replacements and broke the actual screen and instead of having it fixed for an outrageous amount of money he got a new iPhone instead. I'm starting to research other Android options and also considering going to the dark side and getting an iPhone because I might hate the curved screens more than Apple. I'll try waiting until the next Samsung Note release to see if they decide to provide a flatscreen option. If not, they will have lost 2 loyal lifelong customers.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Can Samsung provide non-curved screen phone options?

The Galaxy S20 line has significant less curve on the edge of the displays. It's still slightly curved but not like it was on the last year models. Maybe that would be better for you. Personally I love the look of it and they shouldn't take it away completely.

Asteroid

Actually the s20 lines's Specs say they are flat screened smartphones, so I think they are 2.5D glass in the most curved case. Check it out.

Highlighted
Comet

S20 lineup is pretty flat. You also have the S10 Lite and Note10 Lite that have flat screens as well. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Astronaut

You can get the Note 10 lite if you don't mind the older processor.