cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Can't Enable Visual voicemail

My memory may be failing me, but I thought past Samsung devices had a built in visual voicemail but I can't seem to enable it on my Note 10 plus.

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Can't Enable Visual voicemail

You have to download the visual voicemail app on the Note10.

Highlighted
Constellation

From where though? The galaxy store or google play store?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Voicemail and visual voicemail are both controlled via the carrier. We would recommend contacting your carrier regarding their visual voicemail options.

Highlighted
Constellation

How I solved the current visual voice mail isuue to get working email ...

new Galaxy Note10 unlocked ATT carrier

ATT does not support visual voicemail on unlocked phone. The Samsung app is not available in the app store for Note 10. Some preloaded app intercepted my calls but never worked and never appeared wit other apps on any screen. I could only find it in settings under apps. I was unable to uninstall the app as it was preloaded. Trying to turn it off didn't work. My calls were still going to some message that said it would send me a text and nothing else happenned.

After much frustration and time researching I thought to go into the phone settings and found call forwarding setting and turned all thise settings to off.

The ATT vociemail forwarding number appeared so at least my calls are going to my personal message in a place that I can receive them. I have no visual coicemail for now, but at least I can receive and check voicemail.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Why does built in visual voicemail work on Pixel and iPhones from the dialer and not Samsung?

Highlighted
Supernova

@SoonerInTX wrote:

Why does built in visual voicemail work on Pixel and iPhones from the dialer and not Samsung?

Right, my other phone, Pixel 2 has VVM built-in.  Maybe Samsung removed that feature.  I am thinking if it would be carriers that asked Samsung to remove it from their branded devices, then at least built-in VVM would work on Samsung's unlocked models.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@SoonerInTX wrote:

AT&T device has the VVM in the dialer.

Unlocked does not. Putting this is in the dialer is dependent on your service provider. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

This is the same problem I have encountered. There is a Samsung Visual voicemail but they only allow certain phones to use it. The cheaper Samsung A series phones have it preloaded. Yet the Note 10 plus that cost 3 times the money doesn't have access to this app. Its on the Galaxy app store but not allowed for Note 10 buyers. Punished for having the unlocked version. Samsung blames the carrier yet they are choosing not to share with all Samsung users.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the samsung s10+ unlocked and I can't use it either