cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userYgGIUCTG7z
Constellation

Cant receive Sms, Mms, WhatsApp messages when connected to wif

Ever since changing for an s8+ to the note 10+ I have been unable to receive any SMS, MMS and unable to send and receive WhatsApp messages when connected to wifi, when I disable wifi messages flow in at the same time, I do use the Google messaging app which I used on both phones, this was never an issue with the s8+.  If anyone has any suggestions on what the problem maybe, please advise.

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung_WF6ZNy5
Astronaut

Re: Cant receive Sms, Mms, WhatsApp messages when connected to wif

Can't call out or receive text messages or text messages out

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Cant receive Sms, Mms, WhatsApp messages when connected to wif

@userYgGIUCTG7z wrote:

Ever since changing for an s8+ to the note 10+ I have been unable to receive any SMS, MMS and unable to send and receive WhatsApp messages when connected to wifi, when I disable wifi messages flow in at the same time, I do use the Google messaging app which I used on both phones, this was never an issue with the s8+.  If anyone has any suggestions on what the problem maybe, please advise.

APN reset:

If you want to check if your carrier settings are good, go to: settings>connections>mobile networks and check settings there. Then go to access point names.  Make sure proper carrier is selected or you can even tap 3 dots on top right and do reset to defaults. Restart device