cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userHq8M5ZMAnN
Asteroid

Charging notification while screen is locked

When I plug my phone in to charge a little notification popups up at the bottom showing charging and time left and I can't find a option to turn it off I don't have always on display or anything like that does anyone know how to turn this off

6 REPLIES 6
Comet

Unfortunately there is no built in option to turn it off...

Unfortunately there is no built in option to turn it off but you can download app made by Samsung from Galaxy Store which is called Good Lock app. In that app you'll see Lock Star, tap on it and turn it On, in there under Style section long press on one of the style you like and tap edit. In there you'll see option called Item Visibility tap on it unselect the Help Text and that should turn off that display. Also From the app Good Lock you can also add some customization and features that are missing in Android Pie.

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Samsung_YQzLMTM
Constellation

Good Lock does not remove this notification when charging...

Good Lock does not remove this notification when charging the Note 10+.

userf6hkUNChRN
Asteroid

Re: Charging notification while screen is locked

Hello!

I just upgraded my device to a Note 10+ 2 days ago and have noticed the same issue. When I have the 'always on' screen 'off'  the charging notification re: battery status and time until full remain on! The ambient light is very irritating, in particular if you keep your phone at the bedside and charge it during the night.

I've tried everything, including turning off various system notifications in the System UI app that deal with the battery--nothing worked. I spent almost an hour today with Samsung tech support and they could not help me. The issue has been "escalated," and I was told I would be contacted with a solution (I'm not holding my breath).

It seems to me that it is a design flaw inherent in the UI (was not an issue on my Note 8). If you find a solution.... Please reply and let me know.

user7b1UhLOPWd
Constellation

I'd like to disable this notification as well. Even tried to save bixby routine setting to disable it when charging but it didn't work. If anyone finds a way to disable this please let me know.

userV2PMF1PHjx
Asteroid

For all the thought that was put into this incredible phone, nobody at Samsung thought that some people might not want an annoying light emanating from their phone all hours of the night, interfereing with the quality of their sleep, with no way to turn it off?  It is extremely annoying and just plain stupid.  I don't want to have to put a rag over my phone every night.  

Highlighted
Jishua
Constellation

I did some research unless Samsung Fixes it During Future...

I did some research unless Samsung Fixes it During Future upDate only other way is By rooting phone given how New phone is No root currently available