cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Technicks
Asteroid

Choose audio device from drop-down menu like in note 9

I just went from a note 9 to 10+ and on the top drop down menu, on note 9 there was the smartthings menu that allowed me to choose the audio autput from the device (i.e. play music on my phone or Bluetooth headset or to the mirrored screen, etc.), Amongst other things like my smartthings devices. That entire menu is gone and all I see now is "media" and "devices". Pressing on any of those doesn't get me to pick the output device. Does anyone know how we can choose that? I have multiple output devices connected to my phone at all times and can't select where to play music right now! I'd love to get that whole menu back, it was incredibly helpful!

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Technicks
Asteroid

Re: Choose audio device from drop-down menu like in note 9

Samsung, any suggestions? 

Anyone?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do you have SmartThings installed on the Note10? I noticed on our device here that when I swipe down on the notification bar there is a small section in the bottom, left corner that says Media. When I select it, it allows me to choose which media to play from. However, I believe the SmartThings app has to be installed and set up first.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Technicks
Asteroid

Ok so looks like it's bugged severely that's why I didn't see it.

I went to menu you showed me, and output selection wasn't there at all when I had my main headset connected (even though there were supposed to be two audio outputs: BT Headset (JBL) and Phone). 

Then I connected a second BT Headset, my AKG headset. Went back and menu showed up, but it is missing outputs! Now it shows two outputs, Phone and AKG, but JBL is missing from the list, even though it's shown in Bluetooth devices as connected! 

I'll attach screenshots in next 3 posts.

Any solution to resolve this?

Technicks
Asteroid

Here's the note 9, how it works. I have just one headset here connected and both JBL and Phone are shown as available outputs. This is correct.Screenshot_20191207-185208_One UI Home.jpg

Technicks
Asteroid

Now here's Note 10+ with 2 headsets connected, JBL and AKG.

Note the JBL is missing!Screenshot_20191207-190257_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20191207-190506_Media and devices.jpg

Technicks
Asteroid

Finally here it is with just the JBL connected. Note the entire audio selection is completely gone!Screenshot_20191207-190558_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20191207-190707_Media and devices.jpg

Technicks
Asteroid

Hmm I tried it with just the AKG and the menu is there.

Looks like when I use the JBL headset the menu is NOT there. They just don't show up. Seems to be based on what kind of headphones you are using or something? Maybe type of Bluetooth version (as the JBL show battery percentage while AKGs don't)? Or maybe the fact that the JBL has HRM built in it doesn't consider it a valid audio output? 

Do you have any idea?