cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Connected to Wifi but without internet (Note 10+)

Hi All, 

This Issue started happening during march after an update of my OS (not sure if from samsung or from android). When I am connected to a wifi network, at random times, the status of my connection becomes "connected to wifi but without internet". the problem continious until I either turn off and turn on my note's wifi or i stare at the wifi settings (it changes status when I go to the setting). 

I am sure that this is the device at fault since I have connected to many other wifis and the same issue happens

Anyone have a similar problem such as this or a fix?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Connected to Wifi but without internet

This is more then likely happening due to an unstable network related connection i suggest contacting your carrier 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Even though it happens with other Wifi's I connect too? (My other devices such as my s9, and book 10 connects pretty okay too)

Highlighted
Constellation

Wow, hard to believe that "product expert" would suggest you asking your carrier regarding an issue that's not even cellular related, since it's happening while you're on wifi...?! 

Here's a better answer for you, I'm assuming you've Googled this issue, along w/ the software version you updated to right? It's not unusual that an OTA update screws things up, and you stated that's when this all started. No idea which device you have, the carrier or software version to help you further. But people will usually Google that first and if nothing then proceed to ask somewhere. If rebooting is bugging you that much and no else is having this issue, Id suggest backing up your device and factory resetting it, wiping it clean like new and then restoring your backup. You can easily find instructions on this with a simple Google search. I'm pretty sure that will solve it, if not then you can reinstall your newest software on device, search "flash latest stock rom" along with your device name & carrier. If your device is too new, that might not be available yet so try doing a warranty exchange. Good luck

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks, yes, I did try everything available online except for a factory reset. Still hesitant to do it now, but since i'm all out of ideas. I'm thinking of doing it. I'll update everyone if this worked!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Just finniahed with the factory reset. Looks like it worked!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Connected to Wifi but without internet (Note 10+)

Just a thought, but if you have Comcast, they have that guest Network, xfinitywifi. If you don't sign into it it doesn't give you an internet connection but will show that you're connected to Wi-Fi. I know I've seen this happen before to other customers, so its possible. It could be any kind of free network that could be causing a little problem because your phone saves them if you've ever connected to them before. Just make sure you're on the right Network I guess LOL

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Connected to Wifi but without internet (Note 10+)

Have the same issue. After an update, my wifi stays connected, but doesn't have internet access and I have to turn it off/on to get internet again!

I really don't like to reset the device as I have too many apps with configurations which I hate to reinstall again! Any other ideas?