cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userqEF2peMs3A
Constellation

Connectivity issues between Note 10+ and Honda Pilot

I own a 2014 Honda Pilot and recently upgraded from a Note 8 to a Note 10+ last week. Since the new purchase my new phone connectst to the Honda Free Link system HOWEVER the contact names and the call history does not syncronize. I get a message that says "Unable to import Call History. Please visit www.handsfreelink.honda.com to verify if your phone supports this feature". I called them and they said "we aren't able to fix this but we're working on it and can't give you an update". I called Samsung and had them to a few different resets on the setting, unpaired the phone, deleted the phone from the car, then installed a new connection same phone and SAME thing happens, call history not able to syncronize. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE to have this $1100 phone not pair up with my Honda that is only 5 years old. Can someone please offer a solution or someone at Samsung please advise if the engineering team is aware that this connectivity problem is happening and creating driving safety hazards. It would seem like there just needs to be an updated version released so that the newer phone can connect to the Honda. I have triple checked that the software on the phone is up to date and no newer versions exist.  Someone please advise, AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

2 REPLIES 2
Disk4mat
Halo

Re: Connectivity issues between Note 10+ and Honda Pilot

There is a chance you may have already done this with support. I had issues with BT and my Encore. On the phone I opened Settings > Connections > Bluetooth

Next to my vehicle name that appeares in the list of paired devices, I tapped the gear icon. Low and behold Calls, Audio and Contacts access were all disabled. I enabled them and everything started working.

Hopefully your problem can be solved as easily.

userqEF2peMs3A
Constellation

Re: Connectivity issues between Note 10+ and Honda Pilot

Thanks for sharing however I have tried all these options and it still did not affect the solution. It would be nice if Samsung would contact me to let me know when I should be able to receive an update on the new phone to be able to connect with my automobile.