Original topic:

Copy Music Files Transfer from Note 10 Plus to Note 9

(Topic created: 11-07-2019 05:04 PM)
Dexter
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Need detailed instructions to first 

Copy music files on Note 10 Plus. Want to keep the music files there so I can send to the copied music files to Note 9 wirelessly.

Any help is appreciated 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dexter
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I transferred/shared one music files wireless thru Wi-Fi Direct from Note 10 Plus to the Note 9. It worked. There is a limit of 500 files at one time. These Note series devices are flat out beasts. Very capable devices. Very happy owner.

View solution in context

13 Replies
Samsung_kV3oQAZ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I think Samsung phones comes with smart switch app. A feature that let's you transfer(copy paste really) stuff from your old phone to your new phone but in this case you can select and transfer (copy paste)your music file.

Dexter
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I know that transferring files from my Note 10 plus to my Note 9. Don't want to move all my music files to the Note 9. Want the existing music files on the Note 10 plus to stay. Need to know how to copy a second file and transfer to the Note 9. 

0 Likes
pool_shark
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I use an external harddrive connected to my router. Any file explorer app with SMB can make the transfers wirelessly.

You can also use a usb cable to transfer to your PC.

0 Likes
Solution
Dexter
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I transferred/shared one music files wireless thru Wi-Fi Direct from Note 10 Plus to the Note 9. It worked. There is a limit of 500 files at one time. These Note series devices are flat out beasts. Very capable devices. Very happy owner.

Dexter
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I transferred/shared 1053 music files from my Note 10 Plus to my Note 9. Transfer was via WI-FI DIRECT. There is a limit of 500 files at one time, needed 3 times. Clicking on the files took most of the time. When the files were transfering,  each took about 3 minutes for two large transactions and less than 11 seconds for the remaining 53 files. Tried to sent a file from the Note 10 Plus to my old Note 4 and went flawlessly. These are very capable devices. This gives me two devices having the same music library utilizing my music app of choice POWERAMP. To be able to send FLAC music files wirelessly and not degraded during the process is astonishing. Appreciate all of my fellow Samsung owners for your help and your encouragement.

0 Likes
FatherSans
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Smart Switch is your best option, or uploading them to google drive is pretty quick as well.

0 Likes
FatherSans
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

If you're not looking to transfer EVERY thing, as far as specific music files, smart switch doesnt let you hand pick like that. Upload what you want to Google Drive, then download them on the Note10

0 Likes
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey, 

@Dexter

I have the galaxy S9 so I'm not sure if you can use Samsung Flow on your note 10 and note 9.

It doesn't have any issues copying files that I select to my computer or from the computer to my phone. 

I don't see why it wouldn't copy the files from the note 10 to the note 9 if you have Samsung flow running on both phones and If they are connected to the same home network it should recognize the note 9 and make the connection. 

I've never tried it between two phones so you might want to check it's details page in galaxy store to make sure it works for what you're trying to do.

CLF 

0 Likes
Dexter
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I will try it. Keep in mind that the music files need to be copied as another file and send the second file to the Note 9. Want to keep the original music files on the Note 10 Plus. My old desktop can't handle it. 

0 Likes