cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Couldn't Connect

Whenever I try making calls a I a message saying "couldn't connect " appears and automatically disconnects the call. I also can't receive calls but I can send or receive sms text messages. Can someone please help!!

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Couldn't Connect

I'm having the exact same issue.

Cannot make or receive phone calls. When I attempt to make a call it immediately says "Couldn't Connect".

I can send and receive text messages without issue.

I can use data to connect to the internet.

I show five bars of signal strength.

AT&T re-registered my phone but it did not resolve the issue. They escalated the issue and created a ticket number. Forty-Eight hours later they sent me text message stating the following:

"AT&T Free Msg: We investigated your technical issue and were unable to find a problem. If you have any additional questions, go to att.com/support/topic/wireless or call [866.641.8544]"

Not sure what the answer is.

Highlighted
Constellation

Also happening to me on my S20+, ATT network.

For a temporary fix, it usually works after I try to dial the number 4 or 5 times.

Still looking for a more permanent one. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Try the troubleshooting steps provided here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001613/

If you've completed all of the troubleshooting provided here and by your service provider, the next step would be to have the phone serviced. For service options, please use the links below.

Inside the U.S., please send the full model code and the IMEI number in a private message. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

The only thing that "works" is resetting your network settings, but this is a temporary fix and allows you to make only one call.  Once the device settles it reverts to dropped calls.  I have followed the instructions, I've had the SIM card replaced, I've recieved a new device.  My new device also faces the same issue.  This issue only occrus when I am on true "5G" (not "5Ge).  When on 4G LTE my phone works fine. There is an issue with the device and network.  My friend who has the S20 for Verizon lives in the same neighborhood as I and has no issues.

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having the same issues. it's been happening 2-3x's per week for the past 3 weeks. only messages and calls are affected, same msg "can't connect". all other apps work fine. I googled the issue and found a resolution that works, but it still happening a few times a week. very annoying, especially since not only can I not make calls and text messages, but I can't receive them. this is really affecting my job, as my employer and my vendors are unable to get ahold of me and are becoming increasingly more unhappy with me!!! has anyone found a way to stop this from happening?
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you made sure that your phone was up to date?

Have you tried resetting your network settings on your phone?

Have you tried swapping out your sim card on your phone?

Highlighted
Constellation

I've been dealing with the same problem since I bought my Note10plus in Nov 2019 on Tmobile network. Took phone in also called technical support 40x swapped out Sim card swapped out phone still same problem. Took phone into Samsung repair they changed motherboard still having same problem 11 Months ongoing Tmobile blaming Samsung, Samsung blaming Tmobile I just want my $1,200 phone to work properly warranty expires on 11/23/20