cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usercp5sc7ZAxz
Asteroid

Custom OS Download - How to avoid and/or stop?

Out of the blue my phone pops up a custom OS download screen (see attached photo). Does Samsung have a fix to prevent this? Is this a Virus or smartphone attack? Does Samsung have any recommendations?Custom OS Request.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

Re: Custom OS Download - How to avoid and/or stop?

​It is not a big deal, but you have to find out how you got there.  So when device is turned off and you press and hold both: Vol up and down and then hold power button, then you would get into this.

usercp5sc7ZAxz
Asteroid

That's a relief! Thanks for the information! Samsung should warn you about this 'feature' However, in my case my phone was already on, and had been on for days. The last reboot was 3 days ago. All I was doing was getting in my car, then when I looked at my phone, there it was the Custom OS warning screen. It is possible that I pressed both the volumne button and power button by accident as I was sliding into my car. I'll definitely keep an eye on it!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@usercp5sc7ZAxz wrote:

That's a relief! Thanks for the information! Samsung should warn you about this 'feature' However, in my case my phone was already on, and had been on for days. The last reboot was 3 days ago. All I was doing was getting in my car, then when I looked at my phone, there it was the Custom OS warning screen. It is possible that I pressed both the volumne button and power button by accident as I was sliding into my car. I'll definitely keep an eye on it!

It is possible, that you could of triggered your headset to power off, then activate the "download mode".  This screen is used to flash firmware to the phone.