cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

DND schedule not working after update to Android 10

Before update I had Do not disturb setting scheduled to turn on & off automatically. After update DND stays on and I have to manually turn off. I have tried resetting the DND setting and turning the schedule off then back on but unable to get the schedule working as intended.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: DND schedule not working after update to Android 10

The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. 

Follow these steps: 

- Turn off the device.

- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.

- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.

- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.

- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.

- Press Power key to select.

- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.

- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.

- Press the Power key to restart the device.

Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I reported this during the beta and I'm thrilled to see they ignored it instead of looking into it. Actually they wanted a screen recording showing them how to reproduce it. Which made no sense because these people are working on the software, they should understand "dnd doesn't turn off by itself with a schedule". Typical big company, the beta was just for show. If not for my watch telling me I've got a text or incoming call, I'd be missing so many right now because turning off dnd is not something that comes to mind during my morning shuffle. Clearing the cache from recovery does nothing btw.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Same problem here. Clearing the cache doesn't help.

Very annoying. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do you by any chance have a Bixby Routine set up to turn the DND setting on at the schedule times?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I don't use Bixby.

The problem began after installing Android 10. Some one told me to perform the action stated in this reply in a Google support forum but it worked for a schedule within the same day, but no when the schedule is fron one day to the next.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Just to clarify which comment are you referring to in that thread?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Highlighted
Constellation

The reddit thread fixed my S9 with Android 10's failure to cancel DND as scheduled. Reprinted below:

I found that in Settings -> Apps -> Settings -> Special Access -> Do Not Disturb access, Google App's access was turned off.

Highlighted
Constellation

This worked, thanks