Original topic:

Date links in Messages app

(Topic created: 08-29-2019 09:36 AM)
EquinsuOchaZeke
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm getting links for days as well as things like 'today' and 'tomorrow'

When I select them, it brings me to the calendar. 

It is breaking some url that have dates in them. 

I have had no luck on where to disable it. 

This is only happening on the Note 10. My old Note 8 is not doing this. 

https://imgur.com/a/Xg3yKVo

58 Replies
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi @EquinsuOchaZeke, I hope you're doing well.

I see what's going on. The links for dates/times that open the calendar up is part of OneUI 1.5+. Essentially, it's a smart feature that'll allow you to make a calendar event based off dates/times in your messages.

Example, "Hey Josh, let's have dinner tomorrow at 7:30pm."

The time would then turn into a hyperlink allowing you to quickly make a calendar event.

I hope my response was helpful and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

Take care!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
EquinsuOchaZeke
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Is there an option anywhere to disable this? It is overwriting URLs and breaking them.

userhc2NMrz1yV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

How do you turn this off it's extremely annoying and it makes the link unclickable.

userIxJGdHk828
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Bought my first Samsung smart phone (an S9) three months ago; don't love it at all and I especially don't love this issue, particularly after plopping down many hundreds of dollars for the unit. 

When I use the default Samsung messaging client to send messages, the words "today"  and "tomorrow" (quotes added for emphasis and proper grammar) that happen to be in a message somehow becomes an embedded hyperlink and there appears to be no setting ANYWHERE that can be toggled.  Just installed latest software push three days ago, so I am up to date.  Issue happened before and after this latest release, so Samsung appears to have passed the bug on from one version to the next.

Reading through these posts, it appears the S9 is not the only device this is happening to.

More troubling to me is I read  multiple Samsung Care Ambassador replies that seem to be way off target, can't (or won't) grasp the issue at hand or are just using corporate cheat sheet canned replies.  Doesn't pass the smell test for this user.

MY SOLUTION:  Installed  Google’s “Messages” application and then moved the bug stricken Samsung SMS messaging client off my home screen.  Yes, Samsung, that is a middle finger you're reading.

SAMSUNG - WE HAVE A PROBLEM.  Fix your stuff, please.  It's clearly a bug in your native messaging client.

userdiOn8wqBrK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi. Im having the same issue. I have an app thats sending URL in a text to respective users handsets. Certain phones that have the default Messages app they cannot click the URL link. If they are able to click the link it sends them to "la la land" and not the URL destination. Very frustrating and its making my product look bad and I have no control on the process to fix it. How can I tell a 70 year old how to install Google Messaging app, they just barely know how to send a text message. Im sick of my clients calling saying they cannot access my links and its all Android users.

usernegCmYK4z2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This isn't a solution. How do we turn it off? It's extremely annoying 

userwXfBYkrgaC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Knowing what it is is not a 'solution'.

Learning how to turn off an unwanted 'feature' would be a solution.

clownmeat
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for asking this, because it's driving me crazy. I want to turn this off also, following for the answer.

EquinsuOchaZeke
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have not given up. 

I called Samsung support and they had no idea what I was talking about.

They sent me to a Samsung certified repair store and they had no idea about it. I was the first person to come in with a Note 10. 

Still looking for any help.