Original topic:

Date links in Messages app

(Topic created: 10-23-2019 09:06 PM)
EquinsuOchaZeke
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm getting links for days as well as things like 'today' and 'tomorrow'

When I select them, it brings me to the calendar. 

It is breaking some url that have dates in them. 

I have had no luck on where to disable it. 

This is only happening on the Note 10. My old Note 8 is not doing this. 

https://imgur.com/a/Xg3yKVo

useraNJQZv8WIR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Im on a Galaxy S10+ and i was one of the first people to report this bug last year. It is now January 31st, 2020 and there is still no solution, no update to fix this, and no response from Samsung. 

After reading the comments, this seems to be affecting all Samsung phones from the S9 through to the latest Galaxy S10 and latest Note10 phones. 

If anyone here has a Galaxy Fold or 5G Galaxy, or one of the less expensive A-Series phones, please reply here and let us know if you also have this bug. All you have to do is send or receive a text message that contains words or numbers pertaining to time. For instance "today, tomorrow, 7am, 3:00, Tuesday, etc..." and the Samsung text app auto converts those words into useless hyperlinks to your calendar. 

The only solution I have found so far to avoid this terrible bug is to use Google or WhatsApp or another text messaging app and set it as your default for all text messaging. Yes, I know this is not a solution at all, it is just a way to make text messaging usable on these awesome phones. 

And after reading through all of these posts on this forum, there is not even one person defending this bug or telling us that it is a wanted or useful feature. One hundred percent of the people here on this forum agree that this is actually a bug, an unwanted glitch and all of us agree that it needs to be fixed. 

So if any Samsung employees are reading this, please report this bug to the engineers and get this fixed. I can only assume that it is still a problem and is shipping with even the latest Samsung phones.

0 Likes
userfNUQDZjErH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

A20 has the same issue. 

0 Likes
userVPUQsokxMi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This is not a solution. Users overwhelmingly want a way to disable this new and unnecessary feature, and we still have no way to disable it, so this should not be marked as solved

userYkD5FwLnAy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Why does this say solved?! It is now nearly Feb 2020 with no end in sight to terrible terrible, dare I even call it, feature.  Can you please respond with an actual solution or give us some home it is being "worked on"?

0 Likes
userrH2rFgT5cL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Rydah hey has there been any actual solution for this since your September reply? 

0 Likes
userUZm4W22KF3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Change your Message app to a different one.  I switched to Trucaller messaging and Voila no more date hyperlinks. 

0 Likes
HTX-Note9_Dude
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Is there a way to unmark this as a "solution"? This "tech" completely ignored the actual problem and tried to explain it away as a solution. This guy clearly just closed the topic as resolved to avoid  which having to address it again, but I suspect that this also means nobody else who might be able to give us guidance will ever read the original problem.

Tech: if you are reading this, please stop screwing up an otherwise good resource with your garbage responses. Let someone else who is actually helpful handle this stuff.

0 Likes
userIOnH9o565B
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am having an even worse problem that nobody else seems to have. When i write an SMS and add something like "can we meet tomorrow at 9.am?" The 9.am bit turns into a hyperlink and that link goes to various chinese malicious websites. It doesn't matter whether I use the samsung messaging app or googles. I have tried to scan my phone with 3 different anti virus apps and all come up clear. What is going on? 

0 Likes
userir4sdWRVhI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

where is the solution... it says this is solved but I don't see a solution anywhere. please help. 

Airk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The best solution I have found was to switch to the Google messenger app. If you prefer not to use that there are a lot of other options on the market to choose from.