Original topic:

Date links in Messages app

(Topic created: 11-14-2019 12:11 PM)
EquinsuOchaZeke
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm getting links for days as well as things like 'today' and 'tomorrow'

When I select them, it brings me to the calendar. 

It is breaking some url that have dates in them. 

I have had no luck on where to disable it. 

This is only happening on the Note 10. My old Note 8 is not doing this. 

https://imgur.com/a/Xg3yKVo

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.
usernXfIP11LfB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I download Roblocks to play and chat with my young nieces and nephews far away in Texas. Roblox flags hyperlinks and doesn't send any of my messages containing today, tomorrow or any day of the week. It's very frustrating. 

0 Likes
user5EQVCIW4UF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Okay, it's 10/31 and still no solution?  This just started on my S10e in the past few weeks.  How do we stop the stock Messages app from creating hyperlinks when writing today and tomorrow????

Samsung_avWoubd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

For Messages:  Go to the three horizontal bars, top left of your messages list, tap and scroll down to Advanced Settings. Then scroll to the bottom of that screen to Advanced Settings, Advanced.  The top option is Enable Weblink Preview, which you can uncheck, then back out of the settings menus. 

user6wBwdW2z5S
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I do not see the "Enable Weblink Preview" under my Advanced Settings. I'm assume this feature is on newer phones. I have S8+. I really need a solution. I don't want people from work accessing my personal calendar. 

0 Likes
userkddQJvFbkL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

As of today, 11/13/19, I am also experiencing this problem on my S9. It's been happening for about 2 weeks. Is there a real solution yet?

userOpnh8QVDnn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Great, hopefully they give us a way to turn it off. My Galaxy S9 just got an update and now it's happening on my device. It's irritating. Especially if the words are just "today" or "tomorrow", which come up a often.

DebraJNSC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
how do I get my Samsung TV Plus channels to play?
0 Likes
DebraJNSC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
How do I get my Samsung TV plus channels to play? They just quit and I can't get them to come on.
0 Likes
MartinBerry
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This has still (28th December) not been resolved (ref. post by @Rydah 9th December). Please, Samsung, include a fix to get rid of this 'feature' in the next auto update and post on here that you will be doing that

Surely your developers cannot honestly think that when someone types 'tomorrow' or '4pm' in a text then the chances are they'll find it useful for that to automatically create a calendar link.  Believe me - and everyone else who has posted on here - we will rarely if ever want to do that: we just want to type  the plain words.

Martin Berry, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, UK (I don't know why my name is showing as 'Astronaut' above this post, I didn't set that).

user5EQVCIW4UF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have always loved Samsung products, but their responsiveness, or lack thereof, is appaling.  Between this and some other small issues with the S10e, has me thinking for the first time in over a decade that maybe Samsung phones are no longer for me....

0 Likes