Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userLMFWbnIbqc
Astronaut

Re: Date links in Messages app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamsungLarry

This is still on my phone.  I will NEVER use this function.  It is also highlighting times for me, but it will always like to time of the same day.  I do not need this cluttering up my messages and highly look forward to the time that this is removed or disableable.  

Thank you

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @EquinsuOchaZeke, I hope you're doing great.

I've looked everywhere even under some advanced hidden settings and there is no option to turn it off. I believe the only way might be to turn off customization services but that would turn off a ton of other options. I will ask that a moderator flag this post as a feature request.

@SamsungRei @SamsungAdam @SamsungCole @SamsungJace can one of you guys please flag this post as a feature request? Essentially, users are requesting an option to turn off the smart-calendar option in messages. Basically, when a message is sent or received and has a date/time, it creates a hyperlink that opens the calendar up to create an event.

Thank you all.

Take care everyone

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you! 

userdzL3kWtzHJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is the solution? I hate sending texts and the word today or tonight or tomorrow is being underlined 

userPoZAazMThU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, how do we disable that and remove the hyperlinks?

useraNJQZv8WIR
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Rydah,

This original post is still an open problem with no solution listed as of yet. Please let me know if anyone has found a solution. I am also getting broken web links and other problems due to the messaging app automatically turning words like "today" and "tomorrow" into calendar hyperlinks.

I think that either this feature sould be completely removed, or at the very least be "disabled" by default and easily locatable in the text messaging app settings.

On a side note, I think the messaging app should be renamed "Samsung Messaging" or something else since Google also uses the exact same generic name for it's own andriod messaging app, also installed by default on all Samsung phones. So it makes it very difficult to tell which app is which when you are going through the list of all apps.

My phone is the Samsung Galaxy S10+ on T-mobile.

Thanks!

user5EQVCIW4UF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay, it's 10/31 and still no solution?  This just started on my S10e in the past few weeks.  How do we stop the stock Messages app from creating hyperlinks when writing today and tomorrow????

Samsung_avWoubd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For Messages:  Go to the three horizontal bars, top left of your messages list, tap and scroll down to Advanced Settings. Then scroll to the bottom of that screen to Advanced Settings, Advanced.  The top option is Enable Weblink Preview, which you can uncheck, then back out of the settings menus. 

userkddQJvFbkL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As of today, 11/13/19, I am also experiencing this problem on my S9. It's been happening for about 2 weeks. Is there a real solution yet?

userOpnh8QVDnn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Great, hopefully they give us a way to turn it off. My Galaxy S9 just got an update and now it's happening on my device. It's irritating. Especially if the words are just "today" or "tomorrow", which come up a often.