Original topic:

Date links in Messages app

(Topic created: 08-29-2019 01:07 AM)
EquinsuOchaZeke
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm getting links for days as well as things like 'today' and 'tomorrow'

When I select them, it brings me to the calendar. 

It is breaking some url that have dates in them. 

I have had no luck on where to disable it. 

This is only happening on the Note 10. My old Note 8 is not doing this. 

https://imgur.com/a/Xg3yKVo

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.
JUMP TO SOLUTION
58 Replies
userYkD5FwLnAy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Why does this say solved?! It is now nearly Feb 2020 with no end in sight to terrible terrible, dare I even call it, feature.  Can you please respond with an actual solution or give us some home it is being "worked on"?

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have marked this post for our product experts to look into.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
jamq09
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Re: Date links in Messages app

Hello Samsung family users, I may have found the problem for hyperlinks in text. I was using a Samsung S8 and never had the problem. I changed over to Samsung Note 8 and then problems began. Hyperlinks in text. Whenever I typed today or tomorrow or a time it went to the calendar link. It even changed my entire text one time! So I turned on my old S8 where I didn't have problem and found that there are two calendars for Google. The new Google calendar was the issue. I deleted it, loaded the old Google calendar by the way which works the same and BAM.. I had no issue. If your calendar is blue it is the new one that inserts links. If your calendar is green it is the old one which will not insert links! It's not the phone it's Googles calendar app!! Try it and see. Hope it works!! If not back to the drawing board!! 

0 Likes
userkARtYw0MWB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have the same problem with my recently updated Note 9. My calendar is blue by the way. ☹

0 Likes
userMmuORdzOdn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Doesn't work 😞 still have this issue and yes it does still open the calendar app or links some random thing. I do not have Samsung customization on and my biggest concern is why are they reading the text messages? What other words are prompting things we are not aware of? So many questions. When will this be solved? 2 years already....

0 Likes
userMuUjGe6VTP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My Note9 is doing it too. Make it stop!

0 Likes
greenbergman
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Still no solution or any clue whether Samsung even cares. 

0 Likes
Samsung_M4fGYSh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I think I figured it out!  I turned off the predictive text on my keyboard and so far I have had no highlighted todays and tomorrows on any platform.🤞🤞🤞🤞

I use Google keyboard and the command is under Settings -  TextCorrection - Next Word Suggestions (you can still have the predicted words on the strip above the keys).🤞🤞🤞🤞

0 Likes
userKWUYoWq0xd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Does not work 😕

0 Likes