cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userCXD4w76hPP
Constellation

Deceptive customer service

I excitedly pre-ordered the Note 10, (I've owned every Note since they were 1st introduced), taking advantage of the "pre-order deals". I shopped and chose the package that suited me best, which was the bundle that contained the earbuds and tablet. A few weeks later I received 2 packages which contained the phone and earbuds and a tablet cover. I checked my order and the tablet was gone and in its place was a tablet cover, (for a tablet I do not own). I contacted customer service to see what happened since I didn't recall seeing a bundle package that only contained a tablet cover with no tablet. After several failed call backs I finally got in touch with someone who didn't appear to know how to explain what could have occurred.  I was eventually transferred to a supervisor and they stated that since it appeared a mistake was made since no bundle package contained a tablet cover with no tablet. She indicated since the pre-order promotion had ended she needed to get approval from a different department and would contact me within 3-5 business days to confirm and provide me with a promo code. Almost 2 weeks later with no communication I again called customer service and after an hour of explaining what the previous contact was about, I finally was transferred to another supervisor who after 30 more minutes assured me she could do what was initially promised of getting me the tablet at the promotional deal. (Yes I had to let them know I was ready to ship everything back). Again she asked that I allow for the approval and that I would be provided with a promo code. (I'm not getting this tablet for free only at a discount).  I again waited for over a week with no communication from Samsung and I called one last time to find out what happened.  Again on the phone for over an hour with customer service then a supervisor, (Haley), who kept putting me on hold, (talking to another supervisor I assume), she again asked for a day or two to get the issue resolved and they would email me with the results.  SO FINALLY after three days I get an automated message stating that their "research" found that I did not purchase the tablet and clicked on the tablet cover. They considered the matter closed.

The phone, earbuds and useless tablet cover were returned immediately. 

Every Note I purchased prior to this was done through our wireless carrier, I opened a credit account with Samsung to take full advantage of this deal and as with any initial credit opening my credit report takes a small hit. I now have to waite for everything to be fully credited to completely close this account. (They are sending me the bill in the mean time). 

The most irritating part of this whole experience was the fact I had to wait over 3 weeks to be told that "I" made the mistake. I repeatedly asked which bundle package had a tablet cover with no tablet and was never given an answer. 

Both my wife and I stood by Samsung through the Note 7 fiasco, (trading in the phones twice with no compensation). I really was looking forward to this Note but after this experience I'm seriously considering other phones, (not Apple). 

Proud Samsung Note owner no longer.

1 REPLY 1
Honored Contributor

Re: Deceptive customer service

@userCXD4w76hPP wrote:

I excitedly pre-ordered the Note 10, (I've owned every Note since they were 1st introduced), taking advantage of the "pre-order deals". I shopped and chose the package that suited me best, which was the bundle that contained the earbuds and tablet. A few weeks later I received 2 packages which contained the phone and earbuds and a tablet cover. I checked my order and the tablet was gone and in its place was a tablet cover, (for a tablet I do not own). I contacted customer service to see what happened since I didn't recall seeing a bundle package that only contained a tablet cover with no tablet. After several failed call backs I finally got in touch with someone who didn't appear to know how to explain what could have occurred.  I was eventually transferred to a supervisor and they stated that since it appeared a mistake was made since no bundle package contained a tablet cover with no tablet. She indicated since the pre-order promotion had ended she needed to get approval from a different department and would contact me within 3-5 business days to confirm and provide me with a promo code. Almost 2 weeks later with no communication I again called customer service and after an hour of explaining what the previous contact was about, I finally was transferred to another supervisor who after 30 more minutes assured me she could do what was initially promised of getting me the tablet at the promotional deal. (Yes I had to let them know I was ready to ship everything back). Again she asked that I allow for the approval and that I would be provided with a promo code. (I'm not getting this tablet for free only at a discount).  I again waited for over a week with no communication from Samsung and I called one last time to find out what happened.  Again on the phone for over an hour with customer service then a supervisor, (Haley), who kept putting me on hold, (talking to another supervisor I assume), she again asked for a day or two to get the issue resolved and they would email me with the results.  SO FINALLY after three days I get an automated message stating that their "research" found that I did not purchase the tablet and clicked on the tablet cover. They considered the matter closed.

The phone, earbuds and useless tablet cover were returned immediately. 

Every Note I purchased prior to this was done through our wireless carrier, I opened a credit account with Samsung to take full advantage of this deal and as with any initial credit opening my credit report takes a small hit. I now have to waite for everything to be fully credited to completely close this account. (They are sending me the bill in the mean time). 

The most irritating part of this whole experience was the fact I had to wait over 3 weeks to be told that "I" made the mistake. I repeatedly asked which bundle package had a tablet cover with no tablet and was never given an answer. 

Both my wife and I stood by Samsung through the Note 7 fiasco, (trading in the phones twice with no compensation). I really was looking forward to this Note but after this experience I'm seriously considering other phones, (not Apple). 

Proud Samsung Note owner no longer.

I had an experience where we would chat back and forth for over 4 weeks just to get the promo code approved!  Then the rep would file a request to investigate...  Can't go into details as I don't want to relive these weeks again...but I do understand!

I do use chat with Samsung mostly as calls for some reason have less impact + I can get the transcript emailed to me.

Initially after ordering, on your invoice that was emailed to you, what did it show, the table or the cover?