cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Default Home Launcher won't stay applied - Asking "Select a Home App" when using the home gesture

I had a software/security update applied this morning for update N975USQS4CTG1 and ever since then I can't get back to my home screen launcher without it asking for which home app I want to use. I've set CPL to default a 100 times, I've gone into settings and manually made it my home app but it doesn't work. I can't find a way to completely disable the One UI app.

Can someone please assist? I'm guessing there was an error in this update but I just don't want to have to keep selecting which home screen I want every time I choose to go home.

Screenshot_20200813-102759_Android System.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Default Home Launcher won't stay applied - Asking "Select a Home App" when..

Try going to Setting -> Apps -> press the three dot button and select Default Apps -> the change the Home App to CPL. Hopefully that'll work.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Highlighted

Re: Default Home Launcher won't stay applied - Asking "Select a Home App" when using the h

try this step:

1. uninstall

2. change navigation bar to navigation buttons ( the one with 3 buttons at bottom)

3. re-install 

4. change navitagion bar to full screen gesture

5. slide mid button up to go home, click always

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Default Home Launcher won't stay applied - Asking "Select a Home App" when using the h

I've been having this same issue with Nova launcher. I've tried 2 other launchers and uninstalled/reinstalled Nova without success. I've set Nova as the default countless times, and it doesn't stick. Would love a fix as it's very annoying. I have an S9+. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Having the same issue on an S9. Driving me insane. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am seeing the same issue in my s20 5G since the last update a week or so back. Switching to gestures in the Navigation Bar seems to fix this and it seems to be an issue when the Navigation Bar uses buttons. It is very annoying.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Default Home Launcher won't stay applied - Asking "Select a Home App" when..

So I have found a workaround if you disable the one ui launcher with package disabler you can get it to stop showing up but gesture navigation bar does not work. also now noticing recent button does not work as well