Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Note 10+ delayed text messages

Same here thought it was just me or my phone acting stupid

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Note 10+ delayed text messages

Just picked up a used Note 10+ and I am having the same problem.  I don't get any texts for a long time, I send a text and then I get a flood of texts which have the "received" time on them.  I have Sprint.  Wondering if its the carrier or the device.

Highlighted
Asteroid

delayed notifications

I have a galaxy note 10+ 5G.  For the past few weeks, maybe even longer, I've noticed a weird issue with my notifications.  I will be using my phone or have it in my pocket (doesn't seem to really matter) and someone would call me asking why I haven't responded to the text messages they have sent me (both on the integrated app and messaging services like whatsapp).  I look at my phone and there are no notifications but as soon as I open the app, the notifications come through.  Also, if I turn off the wifi, my phone will start beeping like it is having a seizure because all the notifications that haven't come through started flooding the phone.  This impacts multiple apps including gmail, texts, whatsapp, facebook, outlook, etc.  Also, when someone texts me a picture through the integrated text app, my phone cannot download it unless I turn off wifi.  I have tried everything including wiping the phone and starting over.  Can anyone help?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: delayed notifications

I would recommend reaching out to your carrier for further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Unfortunately at&t was no help.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Same problem, multiple carriers.

Highlighted
Asteroid

There is no option to "Accept as a solution".

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

You'll need to log into the Community via a browser and be the original poster of a thread to accept a solution.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Delayed Text Messages

This is a growing problem that needs to be diagnosed and repaired.

Samsung Note 10 phones and even some of the S20 phones do not receive texts or notifications in a timely manner.

Sending a text seems to trigger incoming reception of texts that have not been received, but have been suspended in some type of limbo.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note10/Delayed-text-messages/td-p/801048

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note-Phones/delayed-notifications/m-p/1272248

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note10/Note-10-delayed-text-messages/m-p/1267818

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/S20-Ultra-Notifications-Extremely-Delayed/m-p/1275841

It occurs across carriers.  (Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon have been identified in the above threads.)

My phone is "unlocked", and some others have mentioned that their phones were unlocked.

One thread suggested that it may be tied to the "Network Signal Type".  

Delayed texts and notifications are unacceptable.  Many texts are delayed hours and some as long as a week.

Please like and comment on this text so that we can determine the extent and commonalities of the problem.

Is your phone a carrier "locked" phone or an "unlocked" phone? (Mine is unlocked)

Carrier? (Sprint)

Default Samsung Messaging or messaging App?  (I had the same problem with Samsung Default as well as Google Messages)

If you are having issues, please "like" and reply with the problems you are having.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Delayed Text Messages

I really hope they fix this.