cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Dex - Camera Landscape Mode?

Anyone know how to rotate the camera to landscape mode while in DEX?

Trying to use the rear camera for Zoom meetings, but want to camera in landscape.  Will not rotate in Zoom app.   I tried the native camera app too, but picture just stays in portrait mode.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dex - Camera Landscape Mode?

Try the steps mentioned here:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Nope, there is no option to rotate the camera.  If I just physically turn the phone to landscape orientation, on DEX on my computer, the camera app is still in portrait mode, and now i'm just displayed sideways.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I apologize, this would be the only option available. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

same issue and the exact same use case.. surely there is an easy fix for this?

Highlighted
Asteroid

I would think so right?  But nope, still haven't been able to rotate it.

Highlighted
Constellation

If you launch zoom on the phone screen whilst in DeX mode, it will open on the phone screen and the camera will be correctly orientated, other DeX functions still work with this setup .. but it kind of defeats the point of having DeX in the first place as you can't see the screen if using the rear camera, and if using the front camera - the video of other participants remains on the phone screen.

Seems to be a different issue with the stock camera too, the camera is correctly orientated in landscape but the image resolution is scaled to portrait resolution.

The only software I have found so far that has correctly implemented landscape mode in DeX is Cisco Webex meetings.

Highlighted
Constellation

So, I found a rather peculiar work around. When you open you camera app or Zoom application, on Dex, go to settings and select "Update device". This will trigger the device to open the update screen on the phone and make the camera go to landscape. The phone I used was an unlocked S20.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi,

Do you mean setting > software update?

Because I cant find "update device".

Screenshot_20200524-174435_Settings Suggestions.jpg

Highlighted
Constellation

I see that this does rotate the camera app from portrait (stretched) to landscape (normal), but we need portrait normal in landscape. And, this has no effect in the Zoom app.

It seems to be a compatibility between Zoom and Dex. Like Dex takes control of the camera hardware and only feeds portrait to Zoom.