JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dex isn't working for my Galaxy Note 10 Plus and Windows 10

(Topic created: 10-25-2020 08:37 AM)
user5XJdgZbn9s
Constellation
Options
Note10

So when I first plugged my Note 10 Plus to my laptop, I got a pop-up saying download Dex. I clicked it but nothing happened. So like on the directions on the phone pop-up, I went to samsungdex.com to install dex. Just when I thought I finished everything and was about to open the Dex app, it gave me an error and failed. So I did what most people would do. I delted the dex app and the setup. I, then, reinstalled the setup to download the dex, but whenever I open the setup, it makes me uninstall this non-existant dex.. What should I do??

0 Likes
14 Replies
userSIPT9nggzu
Asteroid
Options
Note10

I had two usb-c cables. Note10 knows acknowledged the connection to the laptop because I can see the following notification,

Screenshot_20200927-104758_DeX for PC.jpg

0 Likes
userSIPT9nggzu
Asteroid
Options
Note10

I get that screen on my Note9 when I connect the same samsung usb cable to the laptop. But not on my Note10+.

But when I plug in the Note10+ to my laptop,  the Note10+ is detected and will appear under Devices in my file explorer.

Note10+.PNG

0 Likes
fstrevisan
Asteroid
Options
Note10
0 Likes
userSIPT9nggzu
Asteroid
Options
Note10

That's my posting dude.

It's frustrating looking around and can't find a solution to my issue. Is there a problem with my Note10+?

Could it be my USB driver? Does both Note9 and Note10+ uses the same USB driver? 

@fstrevisan wrote:

<edit>, really. Same problem related here:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note10/My-Windows-10-works-with-my-Note9-but-not-my-Note10/m-p/1...

fstrevisan
Asteroid
Options
Note10

Found this:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note10/Dex-isn-t-working-for-my-Galaxy-Note-10-Plus-and-Windows-...

But hadn't the time to test it, will report once I have.

0 Likes