JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dex mode mouse only appears on phone not the external display

(Topic created: 09-07-2019 03:49 PM)
Sumwun
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Working in Dex mode on an external monitor and dex station for two weeks with the Note 10 and it's worked fine.   However today the mouse pointer will only appear on the phone and not the external monitor.  Switched the phone to touchpad mode and it does the same thing.  Screen goes black and the touchpad shows up, but when I move the pointer only shows up on the phone.  

I also do not see the dex options under settings when connected to the docking station.  Cleared all the dex related cache and rebooted the phone several times and no changes in the slightest.  

This has just up and stopped working with no known changes to this device since the last time I used it.

22 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Have you tried your Dex on another monitor?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Sumwun
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes, it does the same thing different monitor different cable same phone.  I'm not sure where that question is attempting to drive to as the desktop loads fine and displays on the external screen.  I just can't use it because the mouse pointer is loading on the phone and not the external display.  And as I stated the touchpad  mode does the same thing.  If it wasn't properly detecting the screen I wouldn't be able to put it in touchpad mode nor would the desktop load in dex mode.

I kinda feel like you're not really reading my post

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I would recommend reaching out to our Out of the Box accessory team at  800-757-0280 for further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Sumwun
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

That number is "Not currently setup to receive calls."

Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Sumwun wrote:

That number is "Not currently setup to receive calls."

1) Check Galaxy store app for any app updates.

2) When you connect your phone to DeX station, are you able to tell if any Dex apps are launching and shown in the notificaiton bar? 

3) Go to settings>apps and scroll through the list of apps that have DeX or something similar in their names.

4) Once found, you can tap the app, go to storage and try to clear cache first.

After doing step 4, try your dex station again and see if anything has changed.  If it didn't then go to the same spot from step 3 and 4 and this time clear data of these apps.

Sumwun
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

done also checked for O/S updates, nothing changed

2) When you connect your phone to DeX station, are you able to tell if any Dex apps are launching and shown in the notificaiton bar? 

They do load in the notifcation bar, the desktop full loads on the screen, however the pointer only appears on the phone display and the dex options under settings are not loading.

Already done that several times already

Thanks for the suggestions Charkatak, but I've worked IT Customer Service for 6 years and for the past 10 I've been working infrastructure support.

What I really need is for Samsung to put me in touch with a skilled level 2/3 support team who can help identify this issue.

Currently my last option is to wipe the device however given the security software I have for 2fa for work I can't do that until next week and thats not an option for everytime this happens.

Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Sumwun wrote:

done also checked for O/S updates, nothing changed

They do load in the notifcation bar, the desktop full loads on the screen, however the pointer only appears on the phone display and the dex options under settings are not loading.

Already done that several times already

Thanks for the suggestions Charkatak, but I've worked IT Customer Service for 6 years and for the past 10 I've been working infrastructure support.

What I really need is for Samsung to put me in touch with a skilled level 2/3 support team who can help identify this issue.

Currently my last option is to wipe the device however given the security software I have for 2fa for work I can't do that until next week and thats not an option for everytime this happens.

Nice to have knowledgeable peaple here!  Just throwing out some ideas...which you could have already tried

I have not had DeX station, but I know it has some usb ports to plug in keyboard and mouse.  Don't know if Bluetooth mouse is an option as well.

Different mouse might work. Disconnecting dex station for few hours or if it has a reset button/switch

Sumwun
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Well thanks for blowing me off and giving me blatantly wrong information @SamsungAdam 

I'll screen shot the joke of a conversation and add it to my list of complaints when I actually get to someone in mgmt.

Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Sumwun wrote:

Well thanks for blowing me off and giving me blatantly wrong information @SamsungAdam 

I'll screen shot the joke of a conversation and add it to my list of complaints when I actually get to someone in mgmt.

No resolution to the issue yet?

0 Likes