JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dex mode mouse only appears on phone not the external display

(Topic created: 09-13-2019 02:06 PM)
Sumwun
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Working in Dex mode on an external monitor and dex station for two weeks with the Note 10 and it's worked fine.   However today the mouse pointer will only appear on the phone and not the external monitor.  Switched the phone to touchpad mode and it does the same thing.  Screen goes black and the touchpad shows up, but when I move the pointer only shows up on the phone.  

I also do not see the dex options under settings when connected to the docking station.  Cleared all the dex related cache and rebooted the phone several times and no changes in the slightest.  

This has just up and stopped working with no known changes to this device since the last time I used it.

Sumwun
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

None yet

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Are you using a USB C - USB C cable? Are you using an external mouse? Have you tried wiping the cache partition?

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Rydah Do you have any ideas on why the mouse pointer is not appearing?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Sumwun
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Anonymous 

I can't reply directly to your post as it errors out.

I'm using the dexpad docking station connected via HDMI cable to an external monitor and via USB to a wireless mouse.  The problem also occurs while using the phone as a touchpad which clearly indicates its a driver problem and not a peripheral problem.  Despite that I've attempted to swap out the mouse with the same result.

The mouse pointer only appears on the phone and not the external display

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Sumwun  Sorry about the reply issue, there's some odd things going on with reply in the Community right now. A ticket has been put in for it.

Try wiping the cache partition on the phone. I just tried the same setup with a wired mouse and was able to see the cursor with and without the mouse connected.

0 Likes
Sumwun
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Anonymous 

Ya I cleared all that out, cache and the settings, reverted back to default.  Only thing I haven't done is a complete wipe on the phone which I'm not inclined to do unless I know for sure this is a one time thing because of the security software I have for work.

It might be worth noting, or this might be an entirely unrealted additional Dex mode problem.

When I connected to my PC at home in virtual dex mode through the USB to USB-C cable, I couldn't breifly use the menu to access the apps.  After a reboot it seemed to work HOWEVER, virtual mode only seems to work for a short time before it freezes and locks up my phone with severe distortion on the screen, I have to hard reboot the device to get it unfrozen.  However I don't want to dwell on that at the moment, I'm more concerned with the mouse not working.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

That's kind of a significant note. I use the virtual DeX regularly with no real issues aside from when I'm doing something resource intensive.

I know you said that the software was up to date but I just want to verify before you reset the phone.

Who is your carrier? Please provide the current Baseband version.

0 Likes
Sumwun
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Anonymous 

AT&T is the carrier, however this is an unlocked device

Baseband is N975U1UEU1ASH4

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you, it's up to date so the next step would be a factory reset. Please back up your accounts before hand.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Just another confirmation, I tried the DeX station with a wireless mouse and was able to see the cursor.

0 Likes