Asteroid

Re: Dex mode mouse only appears on phone not the external display

JUMP TO SOLUTION

None yet

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you using a USB C - USB C cable? Are you using an external mouse? Have you tried wiping the cache partition?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Rydah Do you have any ideas on why the mouse pointer is not appearing?

Sumwun
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungGill 

I can't reply directly to your post as it errors out.

I'm using the dexpad docking station connected via HDMI cable to an external monitor and via USB to a wireless mouse.  The problem also occurs while using the phone as a touchpad which clearly indicates its a driver problem and not a peripheral problem.  Despite that I've attempted to swap out the mouse with the same result.

The mouse pointer only appears on the phone and not the external display

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Sumwun  Sorry about the reply issue, there's some odd things going on with reply in the Community right now. A ticket has been put in for it.

Try wiping the cache partition on the phone. I just tried the same setup with a wired mouse and was able to see the cursor with and without the mouse connected.

Sumwun
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungGill 

Ya I cleared all that out, cache and the settings, reverted back to default.  Only thing I haven't done is a complete wipe on the phone which I'm not inclined to do unless I know for sure this is a one time thing because of the security software I have for work.

It might be worth noting, or this might be an entirely unrealted additional Dex mode problem.

When I connected to my PC at home in virtual dex mode through the USB to USB-C cable, I couldn't breifly use the menu to access the apps.  After a reboot it seemed to work HOWEVER, virtual mode only seems to work for a short time before it freezes and locks up my phone with severe distortion on the screen, I have to hard reboot the device to get it unfrozen.  However I don't want to dwell on that at the moment, I'm more concerned with the mouse not working.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's kind of a significant note. I use the virtual DeX regularly with no real issues aside from when I'm doing something resource intensive.

I know you said that the software was up to date but I just want to verify before you reset the phone.

Who is your carrier? Please provide the current Baseband version.

Sumwun
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungGill 

AT&T is the carrier, however this is an unlocked device

Baseband is N975U1UEU1ASH4

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you, it's up to date so the next step would be a factory reset. Please back up your accounts before hand.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just another confirmation, I tried the DeX station with a wireless mouse and was able to see the cursor.