JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dex on TV for Note 10+

(Topic created: 08-27-2019 10:32 AM)
miladiouss
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I purchased a Note10+ to use DeX with my TV and monitor. But it seems it only works on Mac or on PC 😒 How can I enable Dex on any monitor so I can install Linux on Dex? Will this be fix or I should return my phone? Because I don't need 12GB of RAM and .5TB of memory to send text or upload images to Instagram! Why is Note9 oriented toward power users but Note10+ is not?

12 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Can I please have the full model number of the Dex system you are using with your Galaxy Note 10?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
miladiouss
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Samsung Dex Panel v 2.0.16

When I plug into a TV using USB-C to HDMI I simply get a mirrored screen. 

0 Likes
Mihos
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am able to use Dex on my monitor as well as on windows (I am posting from a monitor on my note 10+ now using a USB C hub)

Linux for Dex, unfortunately, is not available yet on the Note 10.  I am checking the website everyday hoping for an announcement, or at least something that says it is coming.

0 Likes
userleczOR1HAb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same here - checking every day and expecting a quick solution!

0 Likes
miladiouss
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Did you just plug in and it worked?

When I plug into a TV or a monitor using USB-C to HDMI I simply get a mirrored screen. 

0 Likes
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@miladiouss 

You should be able to do DEX on any screen, you just need a USB-C to HDMI adapter, and of course a wireless keyboard and mouse will help too.

Geno

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

0 Likes
miladiouss
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

When I plug into a TV using USB-C to HDMI I simply get a mirrored screen. DeX doesn't active. 

SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@miladiouss Are you using the DeX cable to connect? Did you switch from Screen Mirror Mode to DeX Mode in the settings?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
miladiouss
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I didn't switch ay thing. I am using a normal USB type c to HTMI and hold USB. Just like this guy:

what from 5:20

https://youtu.be/5WqcYMfFNzU

We would be thrilled if you subscribe to our youtube channel here: http://youtube.christophmagnussen.com This video was recorded a while ago, but the idea behind it is timeless, since it's not just about working with a smartphone only, but is much more about the setup we use in the cloud with G ...
0 Likes