cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
miladiouss
Asteroid

Dex on TV for Note 10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased a Note10+ to use DeX with my TV and monitor. But it seems it only works on Mac or on PC πŸ˜’ How can I enable Dex on any monitor so I can install Linux on Dex? Will this be fix or I should return my phone? Because I don't need 12GB of RAM and .5TB of memory to send text or upload images to Instagram! Why is Note9 oriented toward power users but Note10+ is not?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
miladiouss
Asteroid

Re: Dex on TV for Note 10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found the solution. When you connect your HTMI, you must also provide power in parallel through your adapter. In addition, DeX doesn't work with LED cover, so remove it.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I please have the full model number of the Dex system you are using with your Galaxy Note 10?

Be sure to click " βœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

miladiouss
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Dex Panel v 2.0.16

When I plug into a TV using USB-C to HDMI I simply get a mirrored screen. 

Mihos
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am able to use Dex on my monitor as well as on windows (I am posting from a monitor on my note 10+ now using a USB C hub)

Linux for Dex, unfortunately, is not available yet on the Note 10.  I am checking the website everyday hoping for an announcement, or at least something that says it is coming.

userleczOR1HAb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here - checking every day and expecting a quick solution!

miladiouss
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you just plug in and it worked?

When I plug into a TV or a monitor using USB-C to HDMI I simply get a mirrored screen. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@miladiouss 

You should be able to do DEX on any screen, you just need a USB-C to HDMI adapter, and of course a wireless keyboard and mouse will help too.

Geno

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
miladiouss
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I plug into a TV using USB-C to HDMI I simply get a mirrored screen. DeX doesn't active. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@miladiouss Are you using the DeX cable to connect? Did you switch from Screen Mirror Mode to DeX Mode in the settings?

Be sure to click " βœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

miladiouss
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I didn't switch ay thing. I am using a normal USB type c to HTMI and hold USB. Just like this guy:

what from 5:20

https://youtu.be/5WqcYMfFNzU

We would be thrilled if you subscribe to our youtube channel here: http://youtube.christophmagnussen.com This video was recorded a while ago, but the idea behind it is timeless, since it's not just about working with a smartphone only, but is much more about the setup we use in the cloud with G ...