cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Disgusting...worst customer "care" - arrogant, dismissive and condescending

Note10+5G (remember, this costs more than high spec laptop) shuts down at same time every day. Patiently worked with Samsung over last 5 months to rectify & now on esclatation advised "our diagnostics can't find error".  No ifs or buts...the phone shuts down every 24hrs!  New diagnostics required? When I advised I'd invested a small fortune in this phone to assist my business with efficiences but have so far spent hours trying to rectify, the customer "care" agent's reply was "all good business have back up options"!  I was then asked to spend more of my time sending feedback & working with their team so that, should this error occur more frequently, it will help SAMSUNG for future reference.  How about fixing my problem first?  It was aslo suggested it could be a setting problem.  I've already spent hours with technicians remoting into phone who can't find the issue....if they can't find it, who can?

Perhaps this isn't a problem for many users, but if it affects you - good luck.  If it shuts down and you're not aware it has (like it was doing for me at 3.40am each morning) it means you won't get emails/texts until you re-enter your PIN. 

Arrogant, dismissive and condescending approach to customer care.  Thankfully, Microsoft will be re-entering the phone market in next year or so.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Disgusting...worst customer "care" - arrogant, dismissive and condescending

I would suggest checking to see if you have auto restart turned on.  You can check by opening settings and searching for Auto restart if it's on toggle it off 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ Verizon Wireless
Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi,

This has already been tried - but I appreciate your suggestion. 

Astronaut

I have the same problem with my s9. Every Saturday morning between 2 and 3 am it shuts off. I have to restart with my pi n. Ive searched for auto restart and it doesnt exist.  Does it have another name?

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have mine set to turn off 3 times a week specific days. Check your settings.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion but this has already been tried.  Samsung technician remoted into my phone and tried everything under the sun.  I think he spent nearly an hour on it!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Let's get this right for you. Does this occur with the device in safe mode as well?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userxtxzROglJV  That was such a hurtful experienced have you tried to file a warranty claim? you can visit one of their certified repair center the ubreakifix for proper diagnosing. Maybe a quick full factory format may solve this issue.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks for your empathy...just wish Samsung would show some as well.  They're now playing silly-buggers by not sending my phone back.  It should've been ready to collect this afternoon - at the latest, but still not in.  I've had to chase them, yet again but no response.  They've had my phone for over a week now.  The arrogance is unbelievable.  The target market for this phone is business users...how do they expect business to run this long without a phone?  Oh, that's right,".... all well run businesses have a back up".  Perhaps I should've bought TWO Note10+s? Thanks for your advice, too.  Yes, I'm taking it up with our consumer rights people (I'm in Australia).  I don't see how they see it acceptable that a $2000 phone is shutting down each day and that there's nothing wrong with it. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userxtxzROglJV One of many reasons they may hold or delay your device is due to out of stock parts sometimes they have to wait for specific parts to arrive but in my experienced with two filed claimed warranties, it came back to me fully repaired.