cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amw575
Asteroid

Do not disturb doesnt work

I just got a note 10 plus and wife got a note 10.  Neither phones DND feature works.  Set up for Alarms and media only but email, text and app notifications still come through and phone doesnt got to silent on it's own per the schedule.   I've tried every combination of settings I could think of and still emails, app notifications etc come through loud and clear despite being in DND mode. 

DND is nice because its scheduled for off at 11p and back on at 6a so we get peace and quiet while sleeping but don't forget to turn ringer back on to go to work.  

7 REPLIES 7
Honored Contributor

Re: Do not disturb doesnt work

@amw575 wrote:

I just got a note 10 plus and wife got a note 10.  Neither phones DND feature works.  Set up for Alarms and media only but email, text and app notifications still come through and phone doesnt got to silent on it's own per the schedule.   I've tried every combination of settings I could think of and still emails, app notifications etc come through loud and clear despite being in DND mode. 

DND is nice because its scheduled for off at 11p and back on at 6a so we get peace and quiet while sleeping but don't forget to turn ringer back on to go to work.  

On my Note10 DND is working as it should. Did you restore from backup or transfer data from old device?

amw575
Asteroid

Yeah I restored from a backup of my old device.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device? Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode?

amw575
Asteroid

I cleared system cache and have done a settings reset to roll back any corrupt settings from the backup restore to the do not disturb.  Neither had any effect.  I booted to safe mode and still had the same issue.  Oddly some app notifications were being muted.  Just not gmail, messaging or ringer the 3 most important.  I'm stumped.  

Honored Contributor

@amw575 wrote:

I cleared system cache and have done a settings reset to roll back any corrupt settings from the backup restore to the do not disturb.  Neither had any effect.  I booted to safe mode and still had the same issue.  Oddly some app notifications were being muted.  Just not gmail, messaging or ringer the 3 most important.  I'm stumped.  

What if you try factory reset, before that just make sure backup of your phone is available.  

1) Reset your phone, then restore some items, such as your messages, call history, possibly media items, if important, but don't do apps or settings.  See if DND is working.  You won't have to reset the phone again, if you decide to restore the whole backup.

2) You can reset again and start fresh if further testing is needed

amw575
Asteroid

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm avoiding the factory reset.  I am just not ready to go through that much. Sadly ill just silence manually at night untill i become annoyed enough to try factory resetting. When the do not disturb comes on (either manually or on schedule) the icon shows but volumes arent adjusted.  I also noticed that all my gmail accounts were set by default to ignore DND.  I changed the setting on all of them and still not working.  Its like the dnd doesnt have permissions for volume  control. But ive checked all the settings i could think of and its strange coincidence that my Note 10+ and the wife's regular note 10 have the exact same issue.  Restored  it the same way.  She uses a 3rd party app to set dnd at night and it doesnt work either on the note 10.  May try the factory reset on hers first as its got a lot fewer things to backup and restore then mine.  I appreciate  the help and everyones suggestions.

Lizhewson
Cosmic Ray

I've had the same issue with my S10. Many others on the forum do as well, and Samsung seems dead set against fixing it. Many of us have the problem because Notification Reminders is overriding DND - so the initial call or text notification does *not* come through, but subsequent reminder pings *do*. I've been having this issue for months and Samsung has yet to release a patch to fix it.