cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msjpb8
Asteroid

Do you regret buying the Note 10/Note 10+

After having my Note 8 for the last 2years I couldn't wait to my upgraded device. My expectations were so high as they have been with every  upgrade since I started with the S5.

Now I'm trying to figure out what have I done to myself. No iris scanner making my Samsung pass useless. All those passwords I now how to enter like I'm in the stone age. No more Sd slot. God forbid I want to have content that can be easily separated from my phone. They took away the headphones port and integrated it with the changing port. Great as long as I'm not on the go and using my headphones and needing a charge. I also just noticed they took away the trusted device option. Which I have come to love. I'm sure there are so many other things they've ruined I just haven't found out yet. Everyday I learn something new that I dislike about this phone. Maybe I'm the only one. 

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Do you regret buying the Note 10/Note 10+

No regrets at all. The Note 10+ is a beast. The last Note I had was also the Note 8. 

The Note 10+ has a SD card slot so I'm guessing that you bought the Note 10. 

Samsung Pass still works using fingerprint, etc. 

When you say "trusted device" are you talking about Smart Lock? That is still available when you connect a device. 

The phone charges so fast with the included charger that it doesn't sit on the charger much at all. Leaves the USB port open if I need it for headphones. But I usually opt for Bluetooth headphones so not an issue anyway. 

If you need to charge AND use wired headphones, the solution is a wireless charger. 

msjpb8
Asteroid

You are correct I do have the Note 10. Does the Note 10+ Samsung pass work with iris scanner? My nails are too long for fingerprints which is why I hate that they took away the iris scanner on the Note 10. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

Sorry but neither the Note 10 nor the Note 10+ have an iris scanner. They have facial recognition, fingerprint, pin, pattern, etc. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

For those reading, there are some points that should be addressed for clarification: 

Screenshot_20190828-132900_Settings.jpgTrusted devices on N10+

1. The Note10+ features a microSD card slot. The Note10 does not. 

2. Samsung didn't remove Trust Agents (a standard android feature). 

3. USB Type C earbuds are included with the phone, but users can utilize adapters or Bluetooth receivers. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
Samsung Care Ambassador

@msjpb8 

Definitely no regrets here. I've got 2 Note10+ models and love them. Each functions flawlessly.

I've been using buds for a while now, and I honestly can't recall the last time I used a headphone jack. So missing a headphone Jack is really no issue to me - it is the direction the industry is headed on all premium phones. 

Sorry to hear about the frustration with the Iris scanner. Samsung's new software for the FP scanner is significantly better on the Note10+, it's a real treat to use. I might recommend you take your fingerprints at an angle what results in minimal interference from your nails. I understand if that's not possible though. I do believe the Iris Scan technology was just under utilized by the general public since the majority of people just find FP scanners less cumbersome. 

With any luck, after some time with your new phone you'll start to fall in love with the beauty that is the latest flagship. Hang in there! Cheers.  

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
msjpb8
Asteroid

Honestly, I'm not as upset about the headphone Jack as I am the iris scanner. I'm not sure who thought it wasn't being used but I literally don't know anyone that isn't. 

The FP scanner is so precise that I had to cut my nails off in order for it to even capture my print. One thing is for sure this phone will not be in my possession long. If there is no more iris scanner in Samsung's future than this is the end of the line for me. 

I wish you all well. 🤞🏽

Samsung Care Ambassador

@msjpb8 

To be honest, the note10 never interested me, and I think I might have regretted it if that was the model I got, but the Note10+ on the other hand is almost perfect. It's not only about the headphone jack... the phone is so much faster and smoother in general. Plus amazing camera, screen, battery, design and more.

Geno

"If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. Thanks"
Samsung_p6Lk3vl
Astronaut

I couldn't be bothered with the regular Note 10, it's bas...

I couldn't be bothered with the regular Note 10, it's basically an iphone with an S pen. It's the same reason I wouldn't get the 5. No expandable memory is a joke, I'd take my chances with a used 7 with a hot battery. I went from the 8 to the 10+ I like it, just needed to dial it all in for a week or so.

Hien
Constellation

I've had a Note10+ for a week. No regrets. I do use the S Pen quite a bit, so Note phones are my only option. Fast charging and ultra-wide camera are the two most important upgrades for me with this generation.