cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jon44
Cosmic Ray

Does "Vivid" Display mode use more battery?

I like the look of "vivid" but with it on, my Note 10 seems to use up battery quick than my S10 did without it .

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Does "Vivid" Display mode use more battery?

Vivid Display provides a wide color gamut unique to AMOLED with lively colors, deep primary colors (Red, Green, Blue). For this reason, it would use more battery power.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

I agree with @SamsungRei. Vivid is essentially P3, whereas Natural looks to be the sRGB color space. Where consumption is concerned, I feel the deficit isn't a major one. If you watch a lot of media it makes sense to stick with vivid, especially for HDR based content. 

I've monitored my battery life closely, only under vivid, and feel it's worth using on the N10 and S10. Screenshot_20190826-155321_Settings.jpg

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
Samsung Care Ambassador

So I just realized that the N10 has a slightly larger display than the regular S10, which can account for runtime variations. On your N10 can you confirm that the multiple S Pen feature is disabled? 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.