cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datrho
Cosmic Ray

Does the Note 10+ work with the Gear VR

Can anyone tell me if the Note 10/10+ will work with the Gear VR that the Note 9 worked with?

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hi. The Gear VR is not compatible with the Note10 series...

Hi. The Gear VR is not compatible with the Note10 series at this time. In a statement made the company addressed this: "The Gear VR is not compatible with Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+. We remain committed to innovating in VR and AR to deliver incredible new experiences to our consumers."

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Does the Note 10+ work with the Gear VR

Hi @datrho, I hope you're doing well.

As @Leinz said, at this time it is not compatible with the Gear VR. 

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Does the Note 10+ work with the Gear VR

Hi @datrho 

I can unfortunately confirm what @Leinz and @Rydah have stated, with personal experience. When I got the Note10+ on August 7, and one of the first things I tried was inserting it into my Gear VR (latest model), and while it did fit (barely), nothing happened. It didn't react to the Gear VR at all. I later started seeing statements that Gear VR will not be supported. So at this time I have no idea if a new Gear VR model will be coming out at some point in the future, or if we're done with it. From what I read, Google Daydream doesn't work with Note10+ as well.

Geno

"If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. Thanks"