The Default or Main Messenger app will see all my photos on my phone as it did before.
The Second, or Dual Messenger app will only access the photos on my phone, not the photos on my SD Card (I happen to be saving all new photos for the camera roll to the sd card)
I have looked through permissions etc, reset the app, turned off and on dual messenger, nothing will allow the SD card to be read.
I have the same issue -> The 2nd App can not access SD card.
For the photos/videos I received from the Dual App, if I click "save/download", it will be saved somewhere but I am not able to find it in File Manager or Gallary. I can see the photos from the Dual App but not from the primary App.
In my memory, in Android 10/Oneui 2.5. the photos/videos on Dual App are saved to the same folder as the primary App.
Please fix. Thank you!
I recommend that you try clearing the cache partition on your phone.
- Press and hold the Power key, tap Power off, and then tap OK.
- Press and hold the Power key and Up Volume key at the same time.
- Release the Power key when the Samsung logo appears.
- Release the Volume keys when the Android image appears.
- Press the Volume keys to highlight Wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Once “Cache wipe complete” appears, press the Power key to select Reboot system now.
- The device restarts once the wipe is finished.
Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the Facebook messenger app?
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.
Finally solved!.. PARTIALLY, and it's a SAGA
Wiping cache or uninstalling/reinstalling as Samsung forums suggested did not do anything, so I did the following on my Galaxy S20 FE to fix it:
1) Backed up the entire chat to the cloud
2) Disabled the Dual Messenger to remove the second WhatsApp instance
3) Deleted the DualApp folder entirely from the local storage
4) Turned off the phone, then started while holding Power + Volume Up, choose Wipe cache partition, then choose the last option Repair apps it will start the system again and optimize apps
5) Enable Dual Messenger, and setup the second WhatsApp instance again
6) Restore the backup made on the cloud, and try using WhatsApp this time
I could finally see the photos, videos and documents through the file browser when looking inside the DualApp folder, as well as through the Gallery app. I could also send GIFs, share photos directly through the camera, and record audio. None of these things were possible before.
However, what sucked this time is that I could not see these media files in my chat threads inside this second instance of WhatsApp. So I restarted the phone, then tried to force-stop the Dual Messenger WhatsApp from Apps under Settings menu, then started it again. DANG! I can finally see all media again from within WhatsApp. So it's basically a none issue.
The only issue that remains outstanding is the visibility of SD card folders from within the Dual Messenger WhatsApp. So sharing anything would have to be done through the Gallery or other media browsing apps.
It really sucked, still , and I hope that helps some of you get through it till the storage visibility issue gets fixed.
Next day I suddenly noticed sending GIFs failed again! I turned off the phone, and did step (4) above again, and I was able to send gifs again.. for like 3 mins. It failed again shortly after. Permission or other issues are persisting and need a better workaround.